Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Small secondary private school

(3 Posts)
Dededum Tue 18-Mar-14 19:28:40

Considering for DS2 a small (450 pupils) co-educational private secondary school. Happy with the school, suits DS2, lots of sport and not academically selective.

My concern is the size of the school, the intake in year 7/ form 1 quite small (30 pupils), with a 60 pupil intake at year 9 / form 3. He gets on with everyone so quite a chilled boy but even so that's just one class at his state junior school.

Anyone have any experience? How did a small intake work for your school.

sixlive Tue 18-Mar-14 20:19:13

I went to a similar school. If it's coed and such a small year group I can't imagine that they are much good at sport, they are not going to have a,b,c, d teams for football etc... I would worry about the financial viability of the school also is there a sixth form and what choices do they have at gcse?

Dededum Tue 18-Mar-14 21:19:27

Thanks, it is a school with a long history and charitable connections so I would imagine they know what they are doing.

Never thought about the sport, he loves football and is pretty good so should be in the top team. Other than that, opportunities to have a go and run around will suit.

Mmm yes, I'll have another look at GCSE's - personally don't one just want the standard GCSE's. Think maybe a problem with A levels, but anyway they do the International Baccurelate. Not sure how I feel about that but there are lots of good sixth form options in the area.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now