Talk

Advanced search

Queen Elizabeth High School Gainsborough

(4 Posts)
poshfrock Mon 10-Mar-14 13:05:23

Thinking of this school for DD ( currently Y5). Anyone have any thoughts? She is very bright (Level 5b reading, 5c literacy, 4a+ maths), likes sport and music.
Any comments welcome.

AmberTheCat Mon 10-Mar-14 22:46:55

My dp went there, but that was a very long time ago! I think it's still well regarded from what I hear from my inlaws (retired teachers who still live in Gainsborough). Hopefully someone else will have more recent/direct experience, though...

Charlie2000 Tue 11-Mar-14 21:32:38

It is a good school in my opinion - my daughter is a student there. She is very happy and is being stretched (similar grades to your daughter)

foslady Wed 12-Mar-14 20:23:23

DD's just found out she has a place. The reputation AFAIK is still good based on the amount of tutoring that went on with her classmates in order to have a head start on the 11+! Dd's grades were similar your dd's. I didn't tutor, so please don't feel you need to, we just worked with the Letts blue packed practise papers which the school advised. I have friends who's children are there and they are all enjoying their schooling - lots of out of school clubs and plenty of help if required.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now