Talk

Advanced search

Best Secondary School - Places to Live

(6 Posts)
grazipedras Sun 09-Mar-14 17:03:37

Hi,

My husband is going to work at the City and we are looking for a place to stay in London. Brazilian family with a 12 years old daughter and two pets.

Our budget for accommodation is up to 2k pounds pcm (ideally 1.5k).

What places would you recommend? School for the kid is our main concern. Some people mentioned that would be easier to go to a catholic school (she is already attending one here in Rio). Ideally, we would like to live in a house (3 bed) placed in a family area with good parks.

Thanks in advance for your help!

LIZS Sun 09-Mar-14 17:27:30

How long is he prepared to commute and where is his office based ? Most city workers live in the suburbs or beyond. Even fi you moved near a Catholic schools he wouldn't automatically get a place if it was full, in fact it may be harder since demand can be high.

JustADadHere Sun 09-Mar-14 17:29:20

St Albans is within an easy commute and Loreto is a Catholic Girl's school...

grazipedras Sun 09-Mar-14 18:36:06

Hello LIZS, he is prepared to commute up to 1 hour.

strictlyfan2013 Sun 09-Mar-14 19:49:14

Shenfield/Brentwood in Essex. 25 mins to Liverpool Street station which is in the east of the City. Brentwood Ursuline is a girls state catholic secondary plus there is Becket Keys Church of England school and Anglo-European in nearby Ingatestone where lots of international students go, including a few who commute up from London by train!

Quinteszilla Sun 09-Mar-14 19:59:01

Will you be able to get a priests reference? Some of the London Catholic schools are strict regards the baptism within a year rule, some say within 6 months.

The two best Catholic girls schools I know are Gumley House in the borough of Hounslow and Sacred Heart in Hammersmith, both in West London. I dont know about transport links though, but from Hammersmith he can take the underground straight in.

I dont know about rental prices here. But your biggest problem may be finding a landlord that accepts pets. You may have to pay a bigger deposit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now