Talk

Advanced search

Kingsdale foundation school dulwich

(9 Posts)
TooBusyByHalf Tue 04-Mar-14 23:42:20

Honest opinions please.
We missed out on our local school (250 metres go figure) and now choosing between state offer kingsdale and independent St Dunstans.
Thanks.

TooBusyByHalf Wed 05-Mar-14 07:50:02

Bump please. I know there are many st dunstans fans on here (and tbh we are likely to go thy way) but we don't know much about kingsdale ... Thanks all

janinlondon Wed 05-Mar-14 08:51:44

Toobusy have you done a search on previous threads on here about Kingsdale? Would probably tell you what you need to know....

TooBusyByHalf Wed 05-Mar-14 16:52:49

Thanks jan good point. But in fact what you get is tales of deleted threads and long threads with very positive stories interspersed with posts that that have been moderated out. All of which suggests that there is a pr machine quashing any negative views. It looks a bit suspicious if you ask me. Shame. No nearer. Going back to both schools next week so see what they feel like in action.

paddythepooch Wed 05-Mar-14 19:18:36

Hi. I know the parent of two boys at Kingsdale who is v v positive about it. She says it has the usual mix of issues but both boys are doing well, fab sports and a great group of friends. It is a v popular option but weird application process based on lottery within band.

We didn't go for it as awkward journey plus big intake. Went for charter and hugely pleased to have got that.

Mintyy Wed 05-Mar-14 19:20:33

You can't give honest opinions about Kingsdale on this site - they are all deleted. Ditto East Dulwich Forum. Sorry - and unbelievable isn't it?

TooBusyByHalf Wed 05-Mar-14 23:47:18

Mintyy, do PM me if you have a view to share! Thanks

pinkdelight Thu 06-Mar-14 09:31:47

I know a mum who moved her DC from Harris Crystal Palace to Kingsdale and is very happy with the decision, if that's any help.

swhobbit Thu 06-Mar-14 15:14:18

My Ds in year 9 & absolutely loves it , academically thriving , plays in music concerts , team sports & has a lovely group of friends. The environment is very harmonious & kids very proud of their school & achievements. The recent media stuff has all blown over & made the Sch an even better place. Definitely pay a visit when the kids are around , they speak for themselves. Good luck grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now