Talk

Advanced search

Secondary school appeal Please Help

(3 Posts)
junior1410 Tue 04-Mar-14 09:26:41

My dd was refused all three schools, I am going to appeal but am worried as her first choice was in a different borough. I am planning to appeal all the three schools, but am concerned about my chances for the first one. Any advise please

tiggytape Tue 04-Mar-14 10:06:21

The school being in a different borough won't hinder your chances. Lots of people in London live on the edge or 2 or more boroughs so it is common.
You will however need to check who deals with appeals for that school
Whilst all admissions go via your home council, this isn't true of appeals. Appeals go direct to some schools if they are academies or are dealt with by the council the school sits in.

Once you have found that out, it is a normal appeal. You don't get treated less favourably because you are out of area.

PanelChair Tue 04-Mar-14 10:21:39

Do you know why you didn't get a place at any of the schools? Do you live outside the distance at which the last place was awarded (the local education authority or the school, if it's an academy, should be able to confirm this for you)?

Clearly your child needs a school place but you need a back up plan in case your appeal fails. Do you have other nearby schools whose waiting lists you could join?

Apart from the obvious - needing a school place - what will be your argument at appeal?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now