Talk

Advanced search

Skinners Grammar School Kent

(5 Posts)
squashpie Mon 03-Mar-14 18:05:32

Hello,
Does anyone know if it is a common occurrence for DC to travel from East Kent to West Kent and Skinners Grammar? Or at least, does it ever happen?! It looks like a lovely school, but train wise from East Kent it looks pretty tricky. Does anyone know if coaches make this journey? I've tried doing a google but don't get anywhere.

Thanks for any advice!

Frikadellen Mon 03-Mar-14 18:55:11

Yes it happens and yes it is a lovely school it is however a super selective this year I am told the cut off is 406

I dont know about transport (being other side of Kent) but when we were shown around we were told of this when discussing admission with one of the teachers.

clam Mon 03-Mar-14 19:00:43

It's a fair hike from the station, although there are a number of buses that go that way.

squashpie Tue 04-Mar-14 17:37:24

Thanks for replying Frikadellen and Clam. I wonder how DC do it, those that go from East to West. I don't want a nightmare journey for my DC but it does look like such a nice school!

ShredMeJillianIWantToBeNatalie Tue 04-Mar-14 21:43:30

DH went to Skinners, many moooons ago.....he lived in TW, but said the catchment was huge even then (nearly 40 years ago), some boys came from as far as Maidstone. I'm sure if you got a place you could investigate travel options such as a minibus or car share. Bear in mind though that traffic through Southborough/St John's Road is grim at the best of times, so public transport would be better if you can find a train route especially.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now