Talk

Advanced search

What kind of bags and shoes do your year seven girls have?

(44 Posts)
moldingsunbeams Sun 02-Mar-14 00:15:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BackforGood Sun 02-Mar-14 00:27:33

For school you mean?
dd has a pair of flat, black lace ups
Her bag is a 'messenger bag' style I'd guess you'd call it - her's is all black. From the local market, not 'named'

CointreauVersial Sun 02-Mar-14 00:29:56

Black lace-ups from Clarks and a Cath Kidston oilcloth shoulder bag.

trader21c Sun 02-Mar-14 01:18:30

Flat black lace-ups and a Longchamp!

StabInTheDark Sun 02-Mar-14 01:32:16

My year 9 DD wears black ballet pumps and has a brown River Island shoulder bag.

My year 7 niece has black pumps and a similar bag to DD.

HSMMaCM Sun 02-Mar-14 03:52:18

Black ballet pumps and a large handbag.

17leftfeet Sun 02-Mar-14 03:55:54

Black brogues and an oversized handbag from primark

PE kit goes in a river island carrier bag

Suffolkgirl1 Sun 02-Mar-14 10:52:27

Black brogues, navy satchel/ messanger bag with shoulder strap, reebok sports bag for PE kit.

Suffolkgirl1 Sun 02-Mar-14 10:58:06

Be aware I am know of some schools that do not allow ballet pump style unless they have an ankle strap (grounds staff got fed up of rescuing them from roofs/ trees when they fly off!)
Ankle straps are apparently uncool probably because it stops shoes being kicked into the air!

MothershipG Sun 02-Mar-14 11:16:56

Kickers ankle height shoes are the in thing at DD's school and they all have backpacks of various designs.

circular Sun 02-Mar-14 11:47:56

DD2 yr6 has the kickers shoes (not ankle boot), brogue style and more than happy to start yr7 with similar. Also expects to want a backpack.

DD1 who is now yr12 seems think the golden rule for new yr7s is NOT to have a bag bigger than they are!

mediawhore Sun 02-Mar-14 11:51:11

Pump type shoes from tesco. A rucksack type bag from new look (her choice).

moldingsunbeams Sun 02-Mar-14 11:52:51

moldingsunbeams Sun 02-Mar-14 11:54:10

Nocomet Sun 02-Mar-14 12:01:03

Y8 same black Clarks brogues as she war last year and we have, finally, settled on CK style, much cheaper flowery satchel.

PE kit in a Nike draw string bag in summer and a Primark cotton shopper in winter because they have lovely, but enormous cosy hoddies.

Nocomet Sun 02-Mar-14 12:01:47

Wore blush

CheesyPeasForTea Sun 02-Mar-14 12:11:40

DD (year 8) has a rucksack by Victoria's Secret "Pink" brand and a Jack Wills Book Bag for P.E., which are apparently cool, but is quite happy to have the same Clarks pump style school shoes with ankle strap as she wore at primary!

WhoWasThatMaskedWoman Sun 02-Mar-14 12:12:50

Brogues / loafers (thank heavens for the rise of brogues and the decline of ballet pumps). The nearest school is 100% Kickers lace ups.

Bag is Back Care Foundation rucksack from John Lewis (30 quid) because she's a small girl with a tonne of homework, and I don't give a monkeys whether it's cool or not.

BackforGood Sun 02-Mar-14 12:37:26

I don't think that's uncool - but what would I know, I'm a parent grin.
I'll get dd to look in a minute.

lottysmum Sun 02-Mar-14 12:51:44

Black brogues (Start-rite because slim fit)...Anna Smith Rucksack (very popular brand stocked in TK Maxx) . We did actually get through two school bags ...the satchel type zip broke (cheap Anna Smith Fake - lesson learnt)...then we tried a messenger bag ..strap broke....PE kit in USA stars and stripes (Primark)....After the first term I have managed to get DD to take far less in her bag - which i much better although still heavy...

BackforGood Sun 02-Mar-14 12:52:17

OK, dd said - yes, it looks fine, but someone in her year has one.

She thinks it would be too small for all the stuff you need to carry though.

moldingsunbeams Sun 02-Mar-14 13:06:40

MothershipG Sun 02-Mar-14 17:06:56

My Yr 7 DD's backpack always seems to weigh a ton, so I would strongly advise against a satchel, especially one with a narrow strap.

I was trying to persuade DD to get a backpack with wheels - but it turns out that's just a step too far into the depths of uncoolness. wink

Schmedz Sun 02-Mar-14 18:14:57

My DD hates brogues and lace up shoes so prefers the usual Clarks strap-over foot school shoes. She has a John Lewis backpack which is big enough for her stuff and also she likes the pattern, but thankfully she couldn't care less about designer labels or what is 'fashionable'!
Nobody at her school really seems to care and most girls wear what is comfortable. There are quite a few Cath Kidston satchels around but they don't hold much...

lljkk Sun 02-Mar-14 18:19:28

Shiny brogue style shoes from Schuh that cost £30. She loathed Kickers, thought they were boy shoes.

Rucksack is Anna Hill(?) owls and almost too small & clasp comes undone too easily (she is learning). I hope to talk her into a decent canvas rucksack from Top Shop next year instead.

PE kit in school PE kit bag (drawstring tough nylon rucksack style).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now