Talk

Advanced search

I got my 3rd of March letter today !!!

(20 Posts)
bizzey Sat 01-Mar-14 13:27:34

I have posted on a few other threads but thought I would start this one so it might get seen .

I did paper application and got my council letter this morning. Hope this helps people ....maybe on line are ready today as well ?

Oh and it's a grin from me !!!

Thiscarisreversing Sat 01-Mar-14 13:33:40

Which county are you? Hope you got your 1st choice

utahforever Sat 01-Mar-14 13:40:37

Congratulations !

We had a letter from the school this morning saying yes grin

Letter was postmarked the 28th, so the school were sending them out on Thursday. Thank you future school !!!!!!!!!!

bizzey Sat 01-Mar-14 13:46:57

No post mark on the envelope but the actual letter is dated for 3rd March ! ?

tiggytape Sat 01-Mar-14 13:49:36

28th of February was a Friday (yesterday).
Some councils posted out on Friday with the intention they'd arrive on Monday but Royal Mail surpassed itself for a change

Good to get the results sooner rather than later though and even better they are the results you wanted. Even with the extra weekend wait for some people, it seems ot have come around very quickly this year.

utahforever Sat 01-Mar-14 13:58:38

Oops - yep Friday.

Very thankful that it came today (less stressful weekend now - very lucky to get a place), but I was prepared for a very long Monday smile

I hope the wait for other people is not too long and they get the schools they want.

ChippyMinton Sat 01-Mar-14 16:28:17

That's good. It's prompted me to make sure I have my log in details for Monday. Last year the results went live after 5pm on pan-London site.

I have a very nervous DS2 here, waiting to see if he'll be going it alone to his first choice, joining elder brother at 2nd choice, or with the majority of his class to 3rd choice. All of which would be just fine, luckily.

pointythings Sat 01-Mar-14 16:46:33

Mine's coming via email so I suspect it will be Monday. Am not worried, we only have one secondary in our town and it's good (though I did put a second option down).

pourmeanotherglass Sat 01-Mar-14 16:52:09

Still waiting here. I think we'll get an email at 10:00 on Monday morning. I've done really well up to now with keeping it out of my mind and not worrying, but now it's got close, I'm feeling a bit impatient.

DraggingDownDownDown Sun 02-Mar-14 07:41:08

Really hope we get our first choice. DS has special needs but no statement and this school seems to be the best to support him PLUS it is the one he is desperate to go to. We live 0.8miles away - so within walking distance but........ I know of others who haven't got in previously.

I also don't understand the over subscription admission criteria blush

Blu Sun 02-Mar-14 09:46:47

DraggingDown, did you apply and submit evidence under the social and medical need criteria? Good luck!

WWOOWW Sun 02-Mar-14 10:25:39

We have been told we will get an email tomorrow after 6pm. Getting nervous!

charlieandlola Sun 02-Mar-14 10:50:36

We got a letter dated 1st March on 1st March.

It is a sad from us, always knew that we would have to appeal, but now it is a reality, it is a bit daunting.

I have the book by Ben Rooney, so the battle starts now.....

DraggingDownDownDown Sun 02-Mar-14 12:20:38

Blu - social and medical need criteria - there wasn't the option of that at our schools

DraggingDownDownDown Mon 03-Mar-14 04:31:16

Got first choice!

Christmascandles Mon 03-Mar-14 04:34:53

First choice here too. grin Check your emails smile

bizzey Mon 03-Mar-14 07:49:01

Dragging so pleased for you !!!

Blu Mon 03-Mar-14 08:26:45

Phew! Very pleased for you, Dragging.

tiggytape Mon 03-Mar-14 09:22:31

charlie - sorry to hear the news wasn't good. Do start your own thread if you'd like more targetted appeal help with what to say and numbers etc.

Dragging - good news - I know you were worried about the medical issues.
Glad to see lots of people have got the schools they wanted.

ChippyMinton Mon 03-Mar-14 17:56:56

Phew, DS2 off to join big brother at our preferred school.

Fingers crossed for everyone who hasn't heard yet, and wine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now