Talk

Advanced search

Christ's Hospital Horsham

(8 Posts)
yoyo2014 Thu 27-Feb-14 19:22:07

My DC has been offered a fee-paying place at Christ's Hospital, with bursary support. I am still undecided about accepting the place. There is very little information available from existing parents on forums etc and I'm worried about fees (and my contribution) increasing substantially in the coming years. Our alternative is an excellent local comprehensive, but of course DC wants Christ's Hospital. Help!

RnB Thu 27-Feb-14 19:40:25

Pinkhebe has a son at CH. Hopefully she will comment here.

It is an absolutely lovely school, I considered it for my son but decided against boarding in the end.

If you can afford it then go for it!

RnB Thu 27-Feb-14 19:41:04

And there is a parent forum out there with lots of info

PictureThis Thu 27-Feb-14 19:43:53

Both my Dad and my brother went there and loved it.

Teddingtonmum1 Thu 27-Feb-14 20:38:48

My brother went and loved it , my DS flunked the entrance as he didn't want to board full time , but would have loved to have sent him to CH . When we were going thru the application didn't find them very forthcoming about finances though . If you go on the education board there was a CH thread a while ago bump it and someone should come out of the woodwork.

Elizabeth503 Fri 28-Feb-14 10:12:09

I can't really advise you on finance. However I live on the south coast and have known quite a few people who've either been themselves or sent their children. The general consensus is that it gave them many more opportunities and a better standard of education (particularly at sixth form) than they would've been able to access otherwise.

I know that one person I know who was a single parent on a low income sent her daughter there and found the school to be very helpful in financial matters.

derektheladyhamster Fri 28-Feb-14 16:24:52

commented on the other thread!

BroadbridgeMumsy Wed 12-Mar-14 14:22:35

If there's any way that you can get your child there, I'd advise it. Each year, you have to go through the bursary process and so if your financial position betters/worsens, then you should recieve the assistance you need. Good luck to your DC! It's a wonderful school, which consistently turns out really lovely young men and women. I have met a few and am impressed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now