Talk

Advanced search

To pester or not to pester....

(4 Posts)
impty Thu 27-Feb-14 14:02:45

Dd has applied for a very over subscribed grammar 6th form. Application in on time, current school sent a glowing reference. Haven't heard anything back and interviews are next week. I did call them yesterday, they asked me to email the details. I did but haven't heard anything.

So it's not looking good. Which isn't a huge problem. I was expecting some kind of letter either a 'You are invited to an interview,' or a 'Sorry, your application has been unsuccessful.'

Do I phone again tomorrow? Or just leave it be?

AMumInScotland Thu 27-Feb-14 14:09:26

Maybe your DD is on some kind of 'backup list' in case they don't like enough of the first wave of interviewees? So, not a rejection yet, but not in their first batch of interviews?

I'd call again tomorrow anyway though - they asked you to email the details, so it's reasonable to expect them to respond.

tiggytape Thu 27-Feb-14 18:57:19

Can you get DD to phone and ask?

PottyLottie123 Fri 28-Feb-14 17:26:05

Ring in the absence of a response. Enquiring about how a successful/ unsuccessful result is communicated isn't pestering, if you ask then at least you know what to expect. Mistakes happen and you'd kick yourself.........

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now