Talk

Advanced search

7c target catering year 7

(8 Posts)
lljkk Fri 14-Feb-14 19:31:28

Is that crazy? Dd not home right now to ask this, so she may have chosen this target herself like she did for PE. Most of her other targets are 4s & 5s, 7c in some subjects would be crazy high. Or is catering/food tech scaled differently from most subjects?

ThreeBeeOneGee Fri 14-Feb-14 19:35:15

I have given up trying to understand how KS3 targets are set. In some subjects it seems to make sense, in others it's one of the dark arts.

TeenAndTween Fri 14-Feb-14 20:02:27

Sounds crazy high to me if it is an end y7 target.
You should expect similar levels to the other subjects.

lljkk Fri 14-Feb-14 20:42:24

mmm... I can't tell if the targets are for end of y7 or end of KS3. Just is not clear.

Her targets are all over the place & I think I understand why. Just the hospitality-catering seems so unexpectedly high (she confirms didn't get to choose it). She's got 4a target for DT which is supposed to be set in a similar way.

I know it profoundly doesn't matter, just a little puzzle.

TeenAndTween Sat 15-Feb-14 12:45:54

perhaps its a typo?

Iamnotminterested Sat 15-Feb-14 12:53:43

Food tech comes under the DT umbrella at Dds school, they are given targets for the subject as a whole but a level attained at the end of each rotation.

Bunbaker Sat 15-Feb-14 13:06:58

"You should expect similar levels to the other subjects."

No not at all. Usually the maths and English levels are higher because the children did maths and English at primary school.

I suspect that the 7C target is for the end of KS3.

DD excels at DT and I think her target for the end of this year (9) is a level 7. A 4a for the end of year 7 sounds reasonable to me, given that they have started from scratch in September.

AChickenCalledKorma Sat 15-Feb-14 19:05:10

DD1 has an end-of-KS3 target of level 8 for technology subjects (which she's never done before) but a target of level 7 for Maths (in which she is already a 6B).

So I've decided they are bonkers and her form tutor agrees grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now