Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Godolphin and Latymer Results

(16 Posts)
sstressedofstreatham Thu 13-Feb-14 11:13:39

Please does anyone know how many Applied for this school. Have heard numbers from 500-900! I do realise these are not real applicants as all of them will have done several schools but just want to be able to commiserate/ congratulate dd properly. As we know nobody else applying I have no idea of how she did as can't compare experiences. Good Luck. When do they post them?

staar1928 Thu 13-Feb-14 13:48:55

They had 800 applying! I asked when DD went for an interview. Good luck!

sstressedofstreatham Thu 13-Feb-14 14:41:41

Gulp! Somehow the large numbers are comforting as you can cheer DDS up with the scary stats. I wonder how many they offer? 200?

ClaraMaugham Thu 13-Feb-14 16:28:17

They must over-offer quite a bit as to many people they're a back up school for St Pauls etc. Having said that I have known a lot of girls not get in. Does anyone know how this number compares to previous years?

All this second guessing is just no good. Roll on tomorrow.

peppersaunt Thu 13-Feb-14 18:38:56

Fist bump!

sstressedofstreatham Fri 14-Feb-14 11:28:30

Bored now. Come on postman/woman!

ClaraMaugham Fri 14-Feb-14 12:44:17

Have you heard yet? We've had a yes - fantastic news but gives us an unexpected dilemma - wasn't expecting to be in this position! Really happy for DD though.

Stressedbutblessed Fri 14-Feb-14 13:41:03

Clara- did you get a yes from SPGS too???
Dd did it's our only choice Dd is over the moon- peppersaunt, how abt Dd???

peppersaunt Fri 14-Feb-14 15:50:45

Thanks for asking Stressed. DD got offers from SPGS, CLGS & Godolphin. Can't wait to tell DD tho head said not to give them news in front of others.

ClaraMaugham Fri 14-Feb-14 15:55:48

Well done Stressed and peppersaunt! Very impressive stuff! DD only tried G&L of the consortium schools but has another offer from a really nice co-ed school...

staar1928 Fri 14-Feb-14 16:38:39

We got G&L too!

ClaraMaugham Fri 14-Feb-14 19:28:21

Well done staar! Is it your first choice?

sstressedofstreatham Fri 14-Feb-14 20:46:49

Offer for DD

byroniks Sat 19-Sep-15 21:11:00

We're outside Tiffins designated area so DD won't have a realistic chance of getting an offer. Contemplating between SPGS or Godolphin and Latymer? I'm seeking for advice. Thanks.

neuroticnicky Mon 21-Sep-15 13:18:09

If your DD is bright enough to get into SPGS then she should go there as its the girls' school equivalent of Oxbridge (where about half the SPGS pupils go). If you are going to fork out for a private school you may as well go for the best. I have heard only good things about SPGS from pupils and (two) friends who taught there and I'd ignore any negative comments from outsiders..

randomparent Mon 19-Oct-15 20:02:04

Byroniks: SPGS and Godolphin have different feel about them. For instance, I've noticed (albeit from limited encounters) that G&L girls appear to be more relaxed than counterparts at SPGS. Another difference regards formality - seemingly greater at SPGS than at G&L.

These things may or may not matter to you and your DD but you should be aware of them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now