Talk

Advanced search

Lady Eleanor Holles

(17 Posts)
JugglingChaotically Tue 11-Feb-14 06:26:26

Looking at LEH. Can anyone tell me if lunch is included in junior school or senior school fees?
Also what are the bus fees from Kew?
Looking to move my DDs but worry about the cost of extras.
Thanks

jonnyappleseed Tue 11-Feb-14 12:06:02

No, hot lunch and buses are extra. Lunch is fixed amount in junior (about £4 a day I think) though lots of girls take sandwiches. In senior it's cafe style, so however much you budget.
Can't help on the buses sorry as depends on routes, You need to contact the coach co-ordinator at Hampton school (shared service), Mrs Hutchinson. She'd be happy to speak to you, I'm sure.

LEHNCed Tue 11-Feb-14 12:42:36

Have namechanged not to be outed

Lunches are extra but not compulsory. Currently we pay £240 per term for 5 days a week at juniors'. It is quite normal for girls to have school lunch on some weekdays, and bring a lunch box on others. At seniors' it's a café system, but not charged per item. full lunch cost £4.40, soup and baguette is £2.70, I think. (morning break appears to be 80p per item, but my info re snacks is unreliable as my dd only buys those very rarely)

As far as the coaches go, unless they have changed recently, the charge doesn't vary with distance unlike most schools, so you pay the same if you live in Richmond as you would from Ascot. Not sure what the current charge is, but I think we paid around £290 per term about 5 years ago.

LEH does not make extra charges for books etc, but don't forget to include costs of extras such as trips in your calculations -and some extra curricular activities are also charged for.

LEHNCed Tue 11-Feb-14 12:46:15

Also, forgot to add, that unless your DDs have already passed this years entrance examination, your next chance will be for them to sit next year's in January 15 for September 15 entry.

JugglingChaotically Tue 11-Feb-14 21:24:13

Great. Many thanks to you both. Just the information I needed.
And ok in timing as looking at September 15th. (Though to be fair would jump at 2014 if available for the eldest!).

jonnyappleseed Tue 11-Feb-14 21:43:11

Your senior girl could easily get public transport to LEH from Kew. The R70 bus from Richmond station will take her right to the front gate. It may not be as much fun as the LEH/Hampton bus but lots of seniors use the public transport system when they miss the school bus.

QBean Wed 12-Feb-14 04:36:00

Hi all, out of interest if they participate in afternoon sports will they miss the school bus? And if they do miss it I am assuming it would take a good hour and a half on public transport from Kew, is that your experience?

Shootingatpigeons Wed 12-Feb-14 07:42:55

Qbean there is a late bus to Richmond

jonnyappleseed Wed 12-Feb-14 14:14:13

Hour and a half?! It takes me less than that to get to work in north London from Hampton on public transport. The R70 bus to Richmond takes 25 mins then its 3 mins on the tube to Kew.

Shootingatpigeons Wed 12-Feb-14 15:05:01

jonny you have never had to rely on the R70 clearly...... 25mins if the traffic is clear, one comes within half an hour, it doesn't fail to stop because it is already full, or the driver just doesn't fancy a bus of noisy schoolkids (bearing in mind it serves LEH, Hampton, the Mall, Waldegrave (with it's Richmond catchment) and Hampton Academy, and if you catch it after the dreaded nurserylands loop. The late books at all the school are filled with the single excuse, R70, or at LEH, "bus full of Waldegraves" and whilst most members of staff understand it can cause problems if you get an inflexible stickler of a teacher...................

Complaining to the bus company gets you nowhere, apparently the school kids are appallingly behaved on the bus hmm and don't deserve to be treated like customers, and they are quite sure there is more than enough capacity on the buses they run at peak school times (there obviously isn't).

JugglingChaotically Wed 12-Feb-14 22:36:50

Thanks for info re bus - that's a huge saving! grin
And they would learn to time keep if the alternative is waiting in the cold....

tess73 Thu 13-Feb-14 13:02:46

I think most people from twick/teddington/Richmond go for the 33 then 285
The R70 is just too unreliable
33 comes every 8 minutes

staar1928 Thu 13-Feb-14 13:50:53

LEH results are out today. Good luck everyone!

Realhousewifeofealing Thu 13-Feb-14 13:55:34

We got an offer whoohooooo!

JugglingChaotically Fri 14-Feb-14 13:27:30

Thanks for the info Tess
And congrats to those with offers!

staar1928 Fri 14-Feb-14 16:36:54

We got an offer too! Decision time!

tess73 Sat 15-Feb-14 15:49:06

So those of you with offers, what other offers did you get and any good non means tested scholarships going round these days? (Nosy I know...) dd1 just got 10+ for KGS, going to accept but just wondering what else I should be considering!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now