Talk

Advanced search

Charterhouse

(6 Posts)
Nyra Sun 09-Feb-14 13:05:25

Any insight - have an academic, outgoing boy - wants weekly boarding (not full), likes sports but not A team, (Bs or Cs), ...wonder what the teaching and pastoral care is like and how it compares to somewhere like Marlborough or other weekly boarding schools?

happygardening Sun 09-Feb-14 13:46:45

You do know OP don't you that Marlborough is not weekly boarding?

Nyra Sun 09-Feb-14 13:58:49

ok, i am just beginning my research...rules it out then ...

happygardening Sun 09-Feb-14 18:29:13

Cranleiigh?
Not as academic as Marlborough but friends with an academic (although not rocket scientist) outgoing sporty boy are very pleased with it. Mainly weekly boarders.
Tonbridge? modern 21 st century school, excellent results, definitely weekly boarding, fab sporting facilities great train links into London I don't know anyone with a bad word to say about it.

grovel Sun 09-Feb-14 22:51:41

Happy, do you think Charterhouse doesn't think itself full-boarding? I'm pretty sure that you have to sleep there Sun to Fri nights (Saturday lessons and matches). It may be liberal about Saturday nights but that's pretty close to full boarding.

dog1dog2 Mon 10-Feb-14 12:56:35

Boys I know at C come home every saturday. I think it is v much a weekly boarding school for those close enough, so the overseas students make up the majority of those that stay over the weekend.

Marlborough - full boarding with set exeats.

Could also look at Wellington, Bradfield or Tonbridge (see HG above). All weekly boarding.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now