Advanced search

Looking for home stay family for year 9 girl term break in West Sussex like Birghton, Worthing...

(10 Posts)
KK0202 Sat 08-Feb-14 04:02:47

Any recommendation or parents can advise please or any website.

Eastpoint Sat 08-Feb-14 16:49:44

Is your daughter at Roedean and looking for something to do at half term?

KK0202 Mon 10-Feb-14 10:25:16

Yes, My daughter is not at Roedean school but in other school near Brighton.
Yes I am looking for home stay family to do at half term?
any recommendation or advise

LIZS Mon 10-Feb-14 10:28:17

Does she not have any school friends who live nearby or a local guardian ? will school not help ?

3nationsfamily Mon 10-Feb-14 10:33:49

Ask the school about their Guardian scheme. Any overseas student should have a local UK Guardian who can look after them in these circumstances. Some use an agency and some use parents from the school -we are guardians for boy from Hong Kong who is a boarder at my DS school and he comes to us for half terms but goes home for the longer holidays. We have been police checked to ensure child protection concerns are covered and as a parent myself I certainly wouldn't be sending my daughter off to stay with random strangers without any clearance from the school or the authorities.

inthename Mon 10-Feb-14 11:07:05

As 3nations has said, overseas students at UK boarding schools usually have to have a guardian, unless this is somethingthe school arrange, I know of a boarding school locally who make the arrangements, including advertising for families, due to police checks etc.
As half term is next week it seems a bit late to be organising this, and you certainly don"t want a random person from an open internet forum. Phone your daughters school to make arrangements.

KK0202 Tue 11-Feb-14 03:32:39

Thanks for all replies and very clear explanation.
my daughter has a guardian ( my relative) But she will be out of town for 2 weeks in next half term ( may) so I need to find home stay family for next half term break in May only. I just want if some parents for recommendation that they are having a good home stay family who can take care more than one student or any agency for such home stay service. As I do not use their guardian service as I already have.

fourcorneredcircle Tue 11-Feb-14 10:34:32 are based in bournemouth, they might be able to help. I am a guardian with them but in completely the wrong area for you. It is much better to go through a company rather than advertise for a family - that way you know your daughter will be safe.

WorkingItOutAsIGo Tue 11-Feb-14 23:20:16

Why don't you come over and spend the week with your daughter here? It would be a lovely time of year and you could enjoy a nice break together.

homebythesea Wed 12-Feb-14 12:41:57

I would talk to her housemistress and see if there is a friend she could go home with for half term - surely better than going with a complete stranger. Did your relative (the Guardian) not realise it was the school holiday - looks like you will need a back up plan for the future eg for illness

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: