Talk

Advanced search

Lymm high

(4 Posts)
Danielle81 Wed 05-Feb-14 21:27:06

Can anyone tell me what lymm high is like please? We are moving to the area. My ds has mild dyslexia and currently being tested for dyscalculia (sorry of I spelt it wrong) would this be a suitable school? I know it had its ups and downs last year with the head, but I believe the new head has sorted the issues out. Anyone who can share any information about this school I would be grateful. Thanks

stripyslippers Thu 06-Feb-14 22:45:12

My dd is now in year 12 at lymm. I think it's a good school and really seems to be improving this year with the new head. Things have not been perfect due to staff turnover and I think my dd dropped a grade in several gcses due to the changes but in state schools I think perfection is hard to achieve.
The kids are on the whole very nice and my dd has lovely friends.
I don't know much about provision for dyslexia but my dd had some major health problems last year and they could not have done more for her.
Hope this helps. Bridgewater high also a good school locally.

Danielle81 Fri 07-Feb-14 22:38:55

Thank you for the info, much appreciated.

hanginginthere1 Wed 19-Feb-14 16:33:32

Both Bridgewater and Lymm are amongst the top performing schools in Warrington. They both "suffer' from being very large schools, but on the whole I would say that they are very good schools. Bridgewater is rated as outstanding by Ofsted. The history dept at Bridgewater is particularly good.
There have been issues at Lymm recently,which are still on going.. However a new Head seems to have turned things around pretty quickly.
It's also worth noting that there are also 2 sixth form colleges relatively close by Priestley in Stockton Heath, and Sir John Deanes in Northwich

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now