Talk

Advanced search

Surbiton High School head leaving for Wimbledon High School?

(12 Posts)
Chooknhook Mon 03-Feb-14 17:52:44

Hi there,
Just heard that Ann Haydon is leaving SHS for Wimbledon, has anyone else heard this or is it just the SW London Chinese whispers working overtime?

cakeisalwaystheanswer Mon 03-Feb-14 19:32:15

It would be nice if they told people before they made their minds up about senior schools. Its like musical head teacher chairs in SW London!

cakeisalwaystheanswer Mon 03-Feb-14 19:49:17

According to headteacher vacancies WHS are still accepting applications for another week, so they can't have offered it yet - can they?

Rowans prep in Claygate which are owned by UCST, same as Surbiton, are advertising for a new head, but that is only a prep. This may have caused confusion if UCST are advertising for a new head.

Anyone know?

DalmationDots Mon 03-Feb-14 22:19:38

I doubt she would leave as SHS is her 'baby' in many ways and I can imgine she will stay in United Learning and, if anything, move to head office there. But you can never know! She will be wonderful wherever she goes.
If the application isn't closed it is pretty much impossible though as no shortlist/interviewing/appointment will have taken place. If anything, it would be from someone with inside knowledge who knows she has applied and the WHS governors are keen to appoint her (I have no doubt she'd be top choice wherever she applies). But that sort of inside knowledge is very very unlikely to get out.

cakeisalwaystheanswer Tue 04-Feb-14 10:41:38

Re-assuring words Dalmation Dots. Anyone else heard anything?

It is rumoured that the new building by SHS may be used for a boys school, there is another empty building which could also be bought. The deputy from CLFS is joining, this may make sense if going co-ed. If true, it would be a strange time to be wanting to leave.

All rumour and speculation, but I'm bumping the thread.

lalamumto3 Tue 04-Feb-14 11:09:27

Hi there is a lot of speculation about SW London schools at the moment. Personally I don't believe it, but who knows. She is such a fantastic head that I hope she does not leave.
I agree with Dalmation, I get the sense that she has a lot more that she wants to do.

SHSPR Tue 04-Feb-14 16:29:28

As this has come to our attention, we would like to clarify on behalf of the school that Ms Haydon is not leaving and is committed to the ongoing development of the school.

Chooknhook Tue 04-Feb-14 16:50:18

Thank goodness for that! grin
Thank you for taking the time to clarify the situation, should make the whole decision process much easier for all of us...

cakeisalwaystheanswer Tue 04-Feb-14 17:35:03

Some of us had already decided and read this 2 hours after posting the letter!

I have a lot more empathy for the KGS Y7 parents now.

Schmedz Tue 04-Feb-14 18:54:51

The only time anyone will know for sure is once the appointment has been made and accepted...still a good month away, I'd imagine.
And no one thought that the WHS head was even thinking of leaving after such a short and fantastic time as head until it was announced...lots of people still in shock! Extremely tough shoes to fill...

trader21c Tue 04-Feb-14 18:55:27

Phewww very glad Ms Haydon is not leaving smile

reddidi Tue 04-Feb-14 19:11:42

"still a good month away, I'd imagine"

More than that - the application deadline is still a week away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now