Talk

Advanced search

Talk to me about Farlington School!

(9 Posts)
pixiegirlishere Sun 02-Feb-14 08:50:36

Does anyone have any experience of or know anyone at this school? Thinking of sending Dr for Year 4 or 7 but it's hard to find any 'off the record' info! Anyone?

pixiegirlishere Sun 02-Feb-14 08:51:40

Not Dr - thinking of sending dd!

pixiegirlishere Sun 02-Feb-14 18:08:28

Anyone?!!

NoIamAngelaHernandez Sun 02-Feb-14 18:10:45

I am an ex student and also have been a member of staff! (completely outing myself!).

I LOVED it as a student. It was like Mallory Towers. Got great grades and made friends for life. It was fabulous.

The head of the Prep school, Joy Baggs is a truly lovely woman. I don't know about the secondary school now as a new head has begun in the past few years.

pixiegirlishere Sun 02-Feb-14 18:46:05

Thanks for replying - it looks great, just trying to decide when to send dd and checking it's as good as I think it is.

NoIamAngelaHernandez Sun 02-Feb-14 21:06:16

I would send my daughter there in a heartbeat if we lived locally.

Wonderful place, I still dream of it!

LIZS Mon 03-Feb-14 08:36:39

isn't the Prep head leaving in the summer ?

Berryglitter Sat 08-Feb-14 20:02:41

I went there and hated it. It was very very cliquey, they only support the top set girls. Others in lower educational sets are left to get on with it.

Joy was lovely but yes will be leaving.

Hia3 Wed 19-Feb-14 21:00:26

I am also very interested to hear from parents with daughters in the Senior school- as I am considering sending my daughter to Farlington.

The school has a good reputation locally .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now