Talk

Advanced search

Midhurst Rother College or Bohunt?

(14 Posts)
culturemulcher Fri 10-Jan-14 20:09:13

Can anyone with children at these schools give me some information?

Where do pupils from Rother College go on to do 6th form? The school looks very good, if I'm paranoid honest, I'm a bit worried about it academically blush.

Can anyone shed any light?

ISingSoprano Sat 11-Jan-14 10:29:05

Rother College has its own sixth form, it is 11-18.

culturemulcher Sat 11-Jan-14 12:33:35

ISing thanks - do you know the school well?

culturemulcher Sat 11-Jan-14 12:36:39

Oops - just realised my mistake. I conflated too sentences there. I should have said - 'Where do pupils from Bohunt go on to 6th form?' and 'Rother College looks very good but...'

I'm a bit addled!

culturemulcher Sat 11-Jan-14 12:37:09

two.

blush

I'm getting worse!

ISingSoprano Sat 11-Jan-14 13:01:06

I'm fairly sure Bohunt students go on to Alton College for sixth form. We looked at Alton for both my dc (but opted for Peter Symonds in the end, based purely on subject availability). Alton is an excellent sixth form.

mummy1973 Sun 12-Jan-14 08:44:03

Are you looking to apply next year or have you already applied and waiting? I guess it depends where you live re sixth form and a lot can change in five years.

mummy1973 Sun 12-Jan-14 08:48:59

I know a teacher at Bohunt and the school seems very good and on top of any concerns straight away. I don't know the other school at all though.

culturemulcher Sun 12-Jan-14 18:23:33

Thanks mummy1973. We're moving to the area soon and are looking at houses in both catchments - so I'm trying to weigh up the benefits of each school.

mummy1973 Sun 12-Jan-14 20:08:27

Ah ok...At the moment Bohunt take all that apply (over the PAN). Not sure if they will be able to continue that given the rate they are expanding. It is a very popular school and v good results.

culturemulcher Mon 13-Jan-14 17:36:57

Thanks mummy that's good to know. Do you know how it compares to Petersfield?

mummy1973 Mon 13-Jan-14 20:09:43

Bohunt results are better but Petersfield good. I'd send my child there. Petersfield does have a performing arts bias and are very good if your children are that way inclined. Friends' children go there and they are very happy there. Bohunt seems more competitive (to me) but certainly deliver results wise. Petersfield also take all that apply at the moment. They are an academy too.

culturemulcher Tue 14-Jan-14 20:08:51

Thanks again mummy that's a really useful insight.

pommedeterre Sun 02-Mar-14 19:11:12

<nosy> what happened op? Where do your dc go? I am from the area and dc are little but this will be our dilemma too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now