Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have children at a Studio School??

(9 Posts)
Chocamochalatte Sat 19-Oct-13 11:23:39

http://studioschoolstrust.org

What are your experiences?

Do you have any experiences with SEN within these schools?

Looking at one for 2015 start...

Chocamochalatte Sat 19-Oct-13 11:23:58

studioschoolstrust.org

Chocamochalatte Sat 19-Oct-13 18:22:31

Anyone??

LynetteScavo Sat 19-Oct-13 18:45:21

No, but marking my place as there is a studio school not far from me. I've heard nothing about it, TBH.

Chocamochalatte Sat 19-Oct-13 19:52:55

The more I read about it the more I like the sound of it.

JakeBullet Sat 19-Oct-13 20:05:15

We have one near us and DS is in Y6.

Obviously he will need to go into a MS secondary school but at the moment he is not over academic and I do wonder if a more practical curriculum will better prepare him for the world of work. The one near us is still very new and I don't know much about it.

Chocamochalatte Sat 19-Oct-13 20:08:10

That's what I liked, DT1 has APD so not academic as he still struggles with reading and writing so he would be my main consideration for it...

JenaiMorris Sun 20-Oct-13 13:17:20

Watching with interest as I received a flyer about one opening near us, for ages 14+.

I don't think it would be right for ds but I'm intrigued. Also they described their invitation to an information evening as an 'invite' which made me come over all pedanty.

Smudge1209 Mon 23-Jan-17 08:15:40

Hi Has anyone got an update on this? We have become interested in Rye Studio School for our hugely creative but dyslexically challenged year 9 daughter. Can anyone tell us whether the reality meets the aspiration.
thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now