Talk

Advanced search

school shirts...where did you put the name label?

(11 Posts)
splitbrain Thu 04-Jul-13 15:21:06

The collar will bother DS...but will the school look for the name anywhere else?

meditrina Thu 04-Jul-13 15:26:02

Not necessarily.

Names need to be in a really obvious place. And it's not because of where adults might look, it's also to minimise the chances of the pupils picking up the wrong one.

Is there no way of marking at neck that he can put up with?

monikar Thu 04-Jul-13 15:31:58

You could buy a laundry pen and mark it in the neck.

JenaiMorris Thu 04-Jul-13 16:11:25

I scrawl his name in marker pen/Sharpie on the laundry tag. But then I'm a slattern wink

splitbrain Thu 04-Jul-13 17:33:16

Thanks for advice. Just what I thought, they need to be super visible and ON THE COLLAR! I'm scared a Sharpie will go through and be seen on the outside? I shall try the laundry pen!

bookluva Thu 04-Jul-13 18:55:56

I always use a laundry pen - works a treat!

bookluva Thu 04-Jul-13 18:56:12

I always use a laundry pen - works a treat!

BooksandaCuppa Thu 04-Jul-13 19:14:49

MIL did ds's. I've always used laundry pen before but secondary insist on labels. She had a genius idea and sewed them at the bottom of the front flap - lengthways - sort of inside the bit where the buttons button up (so when they're done up, the tag doesn't itch the skin, iyswim?)

titchy Thu 04-Jul-13 21:08:10

I do them under the collar at the back, where the tie sits.

AtiaoftheJulii Fri 05-Jul-13 08:37:46

I use the iron on ones - no annoying corners :-) - and put them above the label.

bruffin Fri 05-Jul-13 12:53:24

I use the ones that clip on and put it on the label at the bottom of the side seam

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now