Talk

Advanced search

Timescale for an in-year appeal?

(3 Posts)
bettycoast Sat 18-May-13 15:37:40

We re-locating, and trying for an in-year placement appeal.

There is no information about this process on the council website. The only dates and process are for standard Y7 appeals.

The dates for Y7 appeals don't tie up with the date on the form the council sent me. In fact, I was e-mailed the form at about 3.30pm on the date which it had to be submitted by, after days of leaving phone messages and e-mailing. Fortunately I was at my desk at the time, so saw it, filled it out, and returned it in time. With so little time, and no guidance notes to follow though, I'm not sure how well I've done it.

Can anyone tell me if we now just slot in alongside the Y7 appeals (so would not get a response till late June) or if we are on another timeline?

prh47bridge Sat 18-May-13 15:56:03

An in year appeal is completely separate from Y7 appeals. The deadline for Y7 appeals did not apply to you, nor did any date on the appeal form. You can submit an in year appeal any time you want. Your appeal must be heard within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged. If you have only just submitted your form that means the hearing could take place as late as mid-July.

bettycoast Sat 18-May-13 18:49:04

Thank you very much for that. I'm sure that info should be available on the council website, but isn't.

I don't understand where that date came from then, because like I said, it didn't tie up with any of the dates they did give, which were all relating to Y7.

Here's hoping it is sooner rather than later. Though mid July wouldn't be the end of the world, I'd much rather mid June. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now