Talk

Advanced search

only 3 more days of school...

(8 Posts)
xylem8 Fri 17-May-13 11:47:01

.. for y13 ds and he can't wait!
Earlier this year he was wishing he could stay at school longer, a bit apprehensive about going to uni ,so It is so good to see him feeling restless and ready to move on!

TheWave Fri 17-May-13 14:04:45

What is he doing between A levels and results day? Quite a lot of time isn't it?

xylem8 Fri 17-May-13 15:03:33

work and save up!!

TheWave Fri 17-May-13 17:23:18

We're only up to Yr 11 so just looking ahead. Seems like work plus Zante quite popular combo.

senua Sat 18-May-13 15:48:00

<squeals with excitement>

I'm doing the laundry and, as usual, have put half the socks in a plastic tub that we call The Land of Lost Sock. I live in vain hope that a lonely sock may find its twin in there and be paired up.
TLofLS currently contains about 25 other people's grey school socks which are all slightly different and definitely not a pair. How many variations on a grey sock can the world produce!? It's the same with the rugby socks: the school had a brand new strip only a few years ago but we seem to have countless variations on the design, all singletons natch.

I shall give it a few weeks then put all the stragglers in the charity rag bag, with a sense of release.smile

glaurung Sat 18-May-13 18:10:57

dd is hoping her last day was last week. It's a very liberating feeling, except that until her apprenticeship is 100% confirmed (waiting for reference checks and medical results etc, which we think ought to be OK) she just might have to go back next year as she's currently a year 12. She is very excited to be moving on too, but I haven't got used to the idea at all (never expected her to get this apprenticeship).

MsAverage Sat 18-May-13 23:42:49

DD (year 11) wandered into my bedroom yesterday with a bag of washing and said musingly, "You know, these are the last five school shirts which I am going to wash".

senua Sun 19-May-13 09:26:23

Congrats (I hope, fingers crossed) to your DD, glaurung, she has done well to land a job in the present economic circumstances.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now