Talk

Advanced search

GCSE exams and pupil information

(6 Posts)
fayebebaby Thu 02-May-13 13:00:34

Another child in the same year as my ds has the same name and inital - i.e Joe M Smith not sure what the other child`s middle name is. All through school we have various cases where the 2 of them have been mixed up - calls to me when the other has been off ill, detentions to the wrong child, problems accessing the computer systems etc. It`s now coming up to exam time so when a child sits GCSE`s what information do they put on to the exam paper? Name?, DOB? thanks

trinity0097 Thu 02-May-13 13:03:10

Most importantly they put their candidate number and centre number, they also write their name and sign, but the numbers can uniquely identify them.

dottygamekeeper Thu 02-May-13 13:10:26

I am an invigilator. All students put their centre number (which is the school, or wherever they are sitting the exam - this number is displayed in the examination room) and their candidate number, plus their name (and often their signature) on to the front of the exam paper. The candidate number is on all the official paperwork relating to that individual student (ie the list you should have been given of the exams and dates, which you should have checked to see that your DS has been entered for the right papers) At our school there is a card for each student showing their photograph and candidate number, that card is put on the desk at which the candidate sits in the exam (usually arranged in alphabetical order). Your DS would need to check that he sits at the desk with the card with his name and candidate number on it (and photo, if the school includes photos). Hope that helps.

fayebebaby Thu 02-May-13 13:10:40

Thanks is their candidate number the same for all their exams or do they have different ones for each subjec??

dottygamekeeper Thu 02-May-13 13:12:20

Same candidate number for each exam.

fayebebaby Thu 02-May-13 13:13:04

thanks so much dottygamekeeper

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now