Talk

Advanced search

Bedes senior school - how "quirky"

(4 Posts)
scattycow Fri 19-Apr-13 12:10:56

Looking at Bedes senior school - west sussex for sporty Y9 boy and Ive seen the words" quirky" banded about and good for S/N.
Can anyone enlighten me (or provide examples) as to how quirky it is and is it in a good way or bad way ?

Would it suit an above average very sporty boy ? Or are its strengths more in the s/n area ? It comes across well in the website (but dont they all !!) but personal experiences would be most welcome .

Cheers
SC

MrsRebeccaDanvers Sat 20-Apr-13 16:26:30

Bedes Prep and Senior school are both very good for 'quirky' children and do seem to bring out the best in them. However, there is a lot of re-structuring going on at the moment with several very senior staff leaving which is a bit of a worry

happygardening Sat 20-Apr-13 17:54:23

We've got some friends who looked at it for their completely off the wall quirky DS they really liked it but in the end send him somewhere else.

BedHanger Sat 20-Apr-13 18:04:06

I was at the sixth form on an all-rounder scholarship (although I left a while ago, ahem) and absolutely loved it. I had excellent opportunities in music and drama and left with three A grades at A Level and a place at a Russell Group uni to study a v competitive subject.

I was definitely a quirky teen and the school brought out the best in me. I really enjoyed spending an afternoon a week on a non-academic subject (for me it was drama or music, but you used to be able to do anything from building a coracle to making your own didgeridoo). I made friends from across the world, enjoyed excellent teachers and have great fondness for the place smile.

Happy to be more specific over PM if helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now