Talk

Advanced search

Views and info on secondary schools in and around SE26, London

(3 Posts)
HeartOfDixie Wed 17-Apr-13 14:39:34

Hello. My DH and I are starting to think about which state secondary schools may be right for our DD and I thought I would consult the wise collective of mumsnet for any insights / experiences / intel.

Relevant info
- we live in Sydenham,SE26 so looking at schools in Lewisham / Lambeth and Croydon/Bromley boarders
- DD has dyspraxia so pastoral and SEN will be a consideration
- DD doesnot seems to be overly academic, probably middle to bottom currently in primary school.

Many thanks in advance and if this outs me in real life hello!

Blu Wed 17-Apr-13 23:04:47

I know 2 families with children at Sydenham girls a d they both rave about it. One has a dyslexic dd and they are v happy with the support.

StiffyByng Sun 21-Apr-13 13:35:08

We had problems with the SENCO at Sydenham but were quite an extreme case - moved to a special school in the end. There are some dedicated staff there whom we loved. The newish head is trying to improve some of the issues there around communication between staff and with parents. Behaviour seemed pretty good for such a large school. A lot of effort goes into creative events.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now