Talk

Advanced search

bus passes and holders

(8 Posts)
SpringSunshine Mon 15-Apr-13 12:59:20

My children (age 10 & 11) are going to be given a 'smartcard' bus pass - clearly my concern is they are going to loose it! I have looked for pass holders with tags that can be tied to their book bag but so far have failed to find one.

What do people recommend we use to keep the pass safe and hopefully tied to them!

BanoffeeSplitz Mon 15-Apr-13 14:37:15

I think a tag would probably rip off tbh.

Neck lanyard is a possibility - but these may be banned for safety reasons (& it probably isn't a good idea when swiping on to the bus).

I would just train them to use a secure blazer or bag pocket - and if possible make sure it's registered so it's easy to get a replacement.

secretscwirrels Mon 15-Apr-13 15:46:00

My DCs used school bus passes from aged 5 in reception as we live in a small village. Never lost a bus pass in 12 years so far. Most rucksacks have a net pocket on the front which is handy for them.

gazzalw Mon 15-Apr-13 18:52:52

DS is at secondary school and keeps his in his blazer (inside) pocket....still early days yet as he's in Year 7 but fingers crossed. The pain is taking it out during the school hols - it never seems quite as safe and secure stuffed in a coat pocket!

RustyBear Mon 15-Apr-13 19:26:45

We use holders like these for our security passes at work with a clip and line on a reel - much easier to use than neck lanyards.

lljkk Mon 15-Apr-13 19:46:13

DC book bags have little pockets inside, no good?

High school age DC have blazers with zip pockets, thank goodness.

SpringSunshine Tue 16-Apr-13 22:15:37

Thanks, some good ideas. DD has a blazer with zip pocket so hopefully she will be OK. DS doesn't need a blazer in summer term so will try one of those ID card holders smile

Lonecatwithkitten Wed 17-Apr-13 12:42:00

DD's school gives each child a security tag for doors from year3. At first they used the reels attached to waistband. However, very quickly the neck lanyards with the quick release clasp were considered better and safer after reels being used in 'tying up games'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now