Talk

Advanced search

Steyning grammar school

(12 Posts)
sweks Thu 28-Feb-13 22:39:04

Hi,
Ok so I am probably being a little premature but I would really appreciate any info or opinions on Steyning grammar school. I say I am being premature as my DDs are aged 6 and 4 and my son is only 2!
BUT we have our house on the market and are looking at Steyning/Storrington area. This would be a move until kids are out of secondary school. I realise schools change over time, but any info or help would be great.
Thanks smile

googlepop Sat 01-Mar-14 14:46:08

Steyning is known locally as a very good school. At some points people have actually specifically been moving houses to be in the catchment area. My DS has just accepted a place in their sixth form, moving from Shoreham College, another great school.

hawkeye77 Fri 04-Apr-14 11:55:28

My DD will also be attending Steyning Sixth Form in Sept. It looks like a good school. Are there any bad reviews of the school in general?

Cato2014 Mon 29-Sep-14 14:27:37

the school offers my daughter year 9. do you think do it is really a good school? I am struggle to take it or not because sept of 2015 my daughter's age is 15.

Cato2014 Sun 05-Oct-14 01:40:38

Anyone can tell me more about Steyning grammar School?

merlottime Sun 05-Oct-14 07:33:12

That seems really unusual Cato. I have a DC just started Year 9 and they are 13. State school very rarely accept children out of age. I am confused about you having an offer for 2015 already - these won't be made until March.

Mummy2103 Thu 09-Oct-14 13:10:27

www.wscountytimes.co.uk/news/your-news/harvard-book-prize-for-steyning-sixth-former-1-6332872

Mummy2103 Thu 09-Oct-14 13:31:03

Both of my children are going to the school and I have been more than happy with it. My son is due to go through SGS as well. As a parent, it is the right thing to check out the schools in the area and is what I did as well. There was very mixed reviews, mainly from locals that cannot see beyond their little area and did nothing with the education they received. On the other hand, there has been some raving reviews and I as a parent am more than happy to say the same. I am proud to have my children at SGS. The other day I noticed the Boarding community even has a Facebook Page. I think it was sgsboarding or something of that nature. I was surprised at how many lovely things they do.

Cato2014 Fri 10-Oct-14 15:21:49

thanks all of you.
I make a mistake that they may offer my DC year 9 this year because they may foresee a place will be available However I will not take it this year and I decide to apply year 10 for entry Sept 2015 because my daughter needs to completed grade 8 of Ballet in HK.

Cato2014 Fri 10-Oct-14 15:22:12

Ballet Grade 8

Mummy2103 Mon 20-Oct-14 15:04:06

Well she will absolutely love it at Steyning next year!

Jynxed Sun 02-Nov-14 23:13:18

I have two children at Steyning Grammar and one who went there until the end of GCSEs. It's a happy and supportive school, with the usual mix of great and not so great teachers and facilities. If your child is willing to knuckle down then they will do great. Eldest got all As and A* at GCSE after having been predicted Bs at the school we moved her from, which probably sums it up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now