Talk

Advanced search

Urgent comment for Rishworth School in York

(6 Posts)
PonyFanny Sat 19-Jan-13 07:56:37

May I have your comment on this school since its examination results is fair when comparing with others like Ashville , Ackworth but ranked beyond 1000 in FT ranking list. ...thanks

rezzle Sat 19-Jan-13 13:56:56

I'm not familiar with the school, but if it's the school I'm thinking of it's not in York, it's near Huddersfield which is about an hour west of York. I hope I am thinking of the same place, sorry if I'm not!

Loshad Sat 19-Jan-13 15:08:39

yes, that is the only Rishworth i know of, on the edge of the pennines.

PonyFanny Sun 20-Jan-13 12:57:47

Yes, It is located in west of York, can anybody comment on this school. I really
surprised that in ranked 1247 in FT 2012...since the GCSE O & A level similar to
those around ranked 500 , with beautiful campus, any unspoken reason ....like bullies..

SomeKindOfDeliciousBiscuit Mon 28-Jan-13 03:17:18

Locally it has the reputation of being where you send your children if they need more support than they might find in the majority of secondary schools. Which is a good thing, obviously, as they can find what they need there. I went to the prep open day last time and it looked really quite shabby by comparison with Hulme's Kindergarten in Oldham, although things may be quite different at secondary level. I hope that's somewhat useful.

andtheycalleditbunnylove Mon 28-Jan-13 22:20:01

former friend's son went there from 11 to 18. he was a mid-ranking academic type and came out with good A levels. he'd be...22 now, so not so long ago.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: