Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

DD1 has got into Farnborough Hill!

(9 Posts)
handbagsatdawn Sat 12-Jan-13 21:46:40

Am so proud of her and will never have any money ever again (have 2 DDs).

That's all grin

Leeds2 Sun 13-Jan-13 01:30:08

Well done to your daughter!

madwomanintheattic Sun 13-Jan-13 05:36:11

Ha. She can join the morning parade along that crappy road in her too short skirt and smart blazer, then. grin

(Nice pool though. And lovely buildings. Dcs swam there as tots. grin)

Seriously, well done. Have no idea how hard it is to get in, so can't comment particularly, but it seems like a nice enough place. If we'd stayed there I would have looked at it for dd1.

handbagsatdawn Sun 13-Jan-13 08:30:24

Not usually hard to get into, but this year well over subscribed so v proud of dd1 for passing the exam with a high enough score to get offered a place. Hmm yes the blazers are delightful aren't they?!

spababe Sun 13-Jan-13 13:08:31

check out photo of guy who has obviously got the blazer second hand and thinks it's the height of fashion!! http://tokyofashion.com/blonde-japanese-guy-in-green-striped-blazer/

Do they still wear the berets??

Congratulations to your daughter.

handbagsatdawn Sun 13-Jan-13 18:53:32

Wow that photo is amazing! Dd did say that when she visited F Hill the music teacher told them the blazers were very fashionable in China.

No berets any more, shame, might as well look totally ridiculous!

JoanByers Sun 13-Jan-13 23:41:48

Ah, I'd seen that blazer, did wonder which school it belonged to. It's certainly er, distinctive.

I presume they aren't permitted in the chapel?

Just reading the newspaper and smirking at the idea of a hockey and netball tour of Barbados and St Lucia.

Labro Mon 14-Jan-13 10:29:05

Congratulations op.
Lol at the blazer, they used to have a skirt in similar colours which thankfully seems to have been replaced by a plain coloured one, and brown lace ups! Friend of mine went there and she remembers having to kneel down to prove that her skirt was the correct length!!

vixsatis Wed 16-Jan-13 08:40:39

Congratulations. I went there years ago and was so, so happy. It's a really special place.

Labro Not only were the skirts longer; but we had to wear two pairs of knickers (green over white), just in case one was run over in the presence of a man

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now