Talk

Advanced search

Sheringham

(10 Posts)
Doobydoo Thu 08-Nov-12 12:18:23

Hi,EXPERIENCES REQUIRED!

Does anyone have children who attend the secondary school in Sheringham?and if so how do they/you find it?

Possible move for us as struggling re work.DS1 is in year 9.

Thank you

onadifferentplanet Thu 08-Nov-12 14:28:01

Don't have personal experince but do know several kids who had to move there in years 9 and 10 when a local Indie closed they all seem to have been very happy with it and fitted in very quickly

Doobydoo Thu 08-Nov-12 17:51:18

Thank you for thatsmile

lljkk Thu 08-Nov-12 18:49:01

I know someone who works there, she thinks it's alright, she takes pride in her own support role. Is not sending her own child there, though.

May I ask where you're moving from?

Doobydoo Thu 08-Nov-12 19:33:04

Well we are in Lincolnshire.DS very happy at school and ds2 just started primary and his happy...really hoping we are not moving.Feels wrong at the age they are,hoping job comes up for dp.

Doobydoo Thu 08-Nov-12 19:34:00

I lived there for a while when very young and went to a primary there for abit

kerala Thu 08-Nov-12 19:37:32

My DH went there. He ended up at Cambridge and is a City lawyer. Obviously he was there a while ago and this info may put you off! But he seemed to do well there.

Doobydoo Thu 08-Nov-12 19:39:03

grin Thanks for that!
Just don't know if moving is the answer.We have moved lots over the years and always said we would settle when ds1 started secondary.Thanks for all the input.

lljkk Fri 09-Nov-12 07:57:52

I think I read Sheringham has relatively high results for Norfolk, by Norfolk standards it's top league.

Doobydoo Fri 09-Nov-12 08:21:34

Yes,I had a look at the website and results.Lots of thinking to do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now