Talk

Advanced search

Good reference books for Y7/8 homework

(3 Posts)
Madmog Mon 05-Nov-12 10:39:53

Can anyone recommend any goods books that are good for homework, either something that covers lots of things like an enclyclopeada or something for individual subjects like science, french, history, geography. Was thinking about buying some more up to date books anyway, but our internet was out over the weekend and is still playing up (along with telephone line), so this has got me focussed. Science books don't come home so my daughter had no chance of revising for her science test about energy transfers and cells.

Tigerblue Wed 07-Nov-12 10:12:55

I'm thinking of getting a new family atlas. Mine is years old and the new ones look so much more attractive. Can't remember which publisher, but I did see a lovely science encyclopeada in the library the other day - sometime like this might be handy if science books aren't going to come home for revision. My daughter does French and someone told me that sometime they will be asked to get a French dictionary/theosaurus.

eatyourveg Wed 07-Nov-12 16:10:48

This for History
This for English
This for French (the grammar bit is brilliant especially the verb tables
And this for Geography (note the review is from a teenage girl)

No idea when it comes to maths and science I'm afraid - I turn to this for maths homework and bbc bitesize for science

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now