Talk

Advanced search

Private boys schools in Herts

(6 Posts)
dinkybinky Sat 03-Nov-12 11:00:42

I have recently returned to the UK. I am looking for boys schools for my 3 boys. The 10 year old is working at level 5 in maths and English he is currently in year 4 and my twin 11 year olds are both working at level 6-7 in Math and English. Are they sutable candidates for selective schools or should I focus on non selectives? We are new to the prep school so the school cant really help until they know the children better. Many thanks.

Moominmammacat Sat 03-Nov-12 11:46:21

Sounds selective to me ... try Habs boys for them all. Not heard any complaints.

APMF Sat 03-Nov-12 19:59:59

Your kids are more advanced than mine at that age KS-wise. They are at highly selective Herts Indies so yours shouldn't have a problem with the entrance exam

dinkybinky Sat 03-Nov-12 20:28:53

All my boys are in the second sets at school so there are at least 20 boys ahead of them academically. I just wonder what level you have to be to be accepted into these very academic schools?

difficultpickle Sat 03-Nov-12 22:32:42

Why is your 10 year old in year 4 rather than his correct school year?

APMF Sun 04-Nov-12 01:52:14

I've no idea where DS ranked in terms of the entrance exam but he finished Year 7 end of year exams in the top quarter of the year.

Your twins, keystage wise, are ahead of my DS when he was their age. Assuming that this is an accurate predictor of future exam success, your twins are ahead of my DS and at least 75% of the cohort at their selective school.

I hope that gives you more confidence smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now