Talk

Advanced search

Lovely teachers

(6 Posts)
Witchety Wed 24-Oct-12 19:19:47

Not strictly secondary, we are 3 tier system ( for now!) so upper school... Yr9 and beyond

My third child is going through the system at this school now. So we have had a few teachers along the way, some have taught all my dc for various subjects

Nothing nicer than my teens and their friends having a conversation about who they had for maths in yr9.....or laughing about the same history teacher on the same trip to Normandy they all did.

Teachers..... Hope you know how much you are actually respected, remembered and loved! 2 of my dc have left school but remember their teachers fondly.

A certain teacher has gone above and beyond for us this week. For me as well as my child. Much appreciated, it really is ( but I won't tell him as us parents rarely see teachers of this age group)

ShipwreckedAndComatose Wed 24-Oct-12 19:38:04

That's such a lovely thing to post!
Thank you on behalf of those teachers smile

radicalsubstitution Wed 24-Oct-12 20:31:12

Thank you - what a lovely post! smile

tinytalker Wed 24-Oct-12 20:50:19

It's nice to know we are not hated by everyone thanks

LynetteScavo Wed 24-Oct-12 20:54:46

Can you email or write to them?

I often email teachers to grumble, so make the effort to email if I'm happy too.
It's difficult to say "my DS really likes you because you never shout and wear a funny hat in the summer - did you know you have a nn related to your hat?" though, isn't it!

Witchety Wed 24-Oct-12 21:11:32

Yes Lynette that's it.... They become 'legends' and doubt they know it. My eldest left a few years ago, but loves chatting to ds about teachers he now has who taught her

She was no angel.... And the teachers she said she hated back then are now remembered fondly.

I could email. Yes. Might be nice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now