Talk

Advanced search

Books to help with Maths and English homework - Y7

(5 Posts)
wibblekat Tue 23-Oct-12 16:28:01

Hi, can anyone recommend any books that would help me with remembering the 'basics' for English and Maths, so that when my son needs help with his homework I can. School was such a long time ago! Many Thanks

gazzalw Tue 23-Oct-12 17:25:23

Carol Vorderman does quite a good maths one and she's just brought out a science one too!

eatyourveg Tue 23-Oct-12 17:29:18

I have found this website invaluable and got hours of use from this which is out of print now but I would get a second hand copy as it has all the basics with good explanations. Sorry I can't help with the English - not sure what you want, do you mean something explaining parts of speech and grammar etc? If so try this

homework Tue 23-Oct-12 21:00:49

I found a great book the other day as we haveloads of work to do over the holidays , test when back . They do both a maths and english . Lonsdale essentials ks3 course book , that covers the three years . They been great , better than loads of others we tired, last year. Depends what you need it for but I would recommend these , there fourteen pounds each.

wibblekat Tue 23-Oct-12 21:05:44

That's great, thanks everyone for your feedback will have a look at suggestions, and there was me thinking I'd finished with homework when I left school!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now