Talk

Advanced search

Ursuline Convent School Brentwood Essex sixth form

(11 Posts)
mumslife Fri 19-Oct-12 12:37:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

brentwoodgal Fri 19-Oct-12 13:03:03

Has a very good reputation - would be a good choice. But, I'm sure you've discussed but is she ok about an all girls 6th Form? Fewer distractions maybe? wink Have you considered Brentwood County High or St Martin's? Both have excellent 6th Forms and are mixed. Whereabouts are you? As there are many buses coming into Brentwood (NIBs seems to serve most of the routes), plus the train station is close to Ursuline and County High.

mumslife Fri 19-Oct-12 20:09:01

Funnylittleturkishdelight Sat 20-Oct-12 03:35:01

Great school- just had big changes in the leadership team. Very strict- may not suit rebellious teens.

Very close to train station and LOADS of the students arrive by train so she'll be in good company.

mumslife Sat 20-Oct-12 13:51:02

whathaveiforgottentoday Sat 20-Oct-12 14:45:29

I have a friend whose daughter did art and textiles at ursuline. I'll speak to her and get back to you. She went onto to do art at university and has done very well.
The school has a good reputation but has a new head I believe.

Funnylittleturkishdelight Sat 20-Oct-12 16:30:31

Mumslife- yup meant to be all good.

Sounds perfect for her- I hope you get the A level combinations you need!

And I know some great English tutors if you ever need it.

mumslife Sat 20-Oct-12 19:56:00

BrigitBigKnickers Thu 25-Oct-12 10:13:25

There is one train in the mornings that goes to Brentwood from Rayleigh without changing at Shenfield at (7.34) . Journey time is 20 mins and the school is only a short walk from the station.

I have heard mixed reviews of the Ursuline- one of DDs friends went there till year 10 and was not especially impressed.I know others who rave about it. I have heard they have a new head though so maybe things will improve.

If you are looking for other VI forms along that train line- have you looked at the Mayflower?- the VI form has a very good reputaion.

WSHG is also a fab school (DD2 is there) and they are co-ed in the VI form (easy to get to from Rayleigh too.) I had a friend whose DD went from SP in Rayleigh to WHSG for VI form and did brilliantly.

Interested in this discount rail tickets for 16-18 year olds- can I have details of that- My DD travels to Brentwood on the train to school and has to pay full adult wack!

mumslife Thu 25-Oct-12 21:13:59

mumslife Thu 25-Oct-12 21:14:48

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now