Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

GRAMMAR SCHOOL parents. Can you answer me a quick question about transport please?

(12 Posts)
TempusFunghi Sat 13-Oct-12 07:45:36

How do I go about finding out where the nearest school buses would be that dd could travel on to grammar school?
I am mystified as to how I find this info confusedblushgrin

cumbrialass Sat 13-Oct-12 09:16:25

Most education authorities have a "school transport" section you can phone who will be able to advise. In my area, when you are guaranteed a school place, you are sent information on the nearest bus stop ( we live in a rural area and school buses tend to stop "at the big tree near the field at the end of the labe" rather than at a proper bus stop!

MordionAgenos Sat 13-Oct-12 10:03:06

Our school website has info about the buses.

Bunbaker Sat 13-Oct-12 10:08:05

Ask the school. DD's school provided comprehensive information and timetables about the bus services available.

seeker Sat 13-Oct-12 10:09:20

Have you looked on the school website?

Or the LEA website?

OwedToAutumn Sat 13-Oct-12 10:13:40

Yes, just ask the school, or check their website.

If your DC is travelling from a distance, there may be a school coach which covers your area. (But at some schools, this is considered deeply uncool.)

If you are in London, check the TFL journey planner. (I know not everyone is in London, but we are in greater London, so it's what we did!)

gazzalw Mon 15-Oct-12 09:50:24

Don't most of the grammar schools include a transport link or information on their websites...sure DS's does!

Sarahbananabump Mon 15-Oct-12 09:51:55

DD's school has its own bus service with several main pick up points across the city and surrounding cities .

Might be worth giving them a ring to see if they provide this.

gazzalw Mon 15-Oct-12 09:52:52

Just checked and it does! Could you not ask the Registrar of the relevant grammar school for help with this one?

happyoverhere Mon 15-Oct-12 18:30:45

I just googled buses between x and y

seeker Mon 15-Oct-12 18:35:07

But I don't think there are special busses for clever children only.........grin

TempusFunghi Mon 15-Oct-12 19:09:35

I have looked on the website (Chis and Sid) but couldn't see any info. It is a bit of forward info gathering on my part as dd is taking 11+ next year. If she gets a place anywhere then she is going to have a long commute - I just wondered how long it might take. I might give them a ring. Thanks all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now