Talk

Advanced search

Private Spanish tutor - A level - not happy

(8 Posts)
Suburbanqueen Thu 04-Oct-12 15:40:09

Hi, need advice please. My 18 yera old has had 2 lessons with a private Spanish tutor but he says she isn't very good and he thinks it's waste of money. I have found another one I can try out but how do I tell the 1st one we don't think she's up to scratch? Should I just make an excuse or should I be truthful? Fretting. I hate upsetting people.

happygardening Thu 04-Oct-12 16:59:21

Your not going to achieve anything by telling the tutor that you think he isnt any good. He's obviously is going to deny it maybe blame your DC or if your really lucky offer to change his technique.
Just make up an excuse; you can't afford it, the school have offered him free extra help, etc and say thank you for all his hard work and good bye.

happygardening Thu 04-Oct-12 16:59:48

Sorry she not he!

cansu Thu 04-Oct-12 23:54:29

Just say that you don't think the lessons are working out as you had expected. You don't have to explain you are going elsewhere.

APMF Fri 05-Oct-12 09:13:19

Over the years we have changed childminders, nannies and music teachers more times than I can remember. We always give a face saving excuse. Some times it is a weak and transparent excuse but at least no harsh words were said and the other person can tell themselves that it wasn't their fault.

APMF Fri 05-Oct-12 09:15:24

Over the years we have changed childminders, nannies and music teachers more times than I can remember. We always give a face saving excuse. Some times it is a weak and transparent excuse but at least no harsh words were said and the other person can tell themselves that it wasn't their fault.

Suburbanqueen Fri 05-Oct-12 09:33:47

Thanks all. Yes I think I''m going to chicken out and use the 'school giving extra help for free' line. That sounds plausible and as you say, doesn't upset anyone.

mnistooaddictive Fri 05-Oct-12 09:41:45

I am a tutor and I always tell people right at the start that if I am not the right tutor for them then that is ok. You don't need to worry but just say you are not continuing with tuition at this time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now