Talk

Advanced search

DS almost reclusive!! Won't talk about 6th form at all - taking 4 AS levels but we are getting no communication!! Is this normal?

(6 Posts)
bossboggle Mon 01-Oct-12 20:48:08

DS is in a strange phase - gone from a chatty, polite person interacting with the family to a 'Kevin' type character!! We are getting no feedback as to how he is doing in 6th form college or how he likes it - nothing!! Help!! How do we find out what is going on - not much feed back from the college either (it's about 9 miles from where we live). He seems to be doing all of his external homework etc but we have no idea what is going on - he is almost a recluse in his room and to be honest I don't like it at all!! When he is in the room we sort of get grunts as replies!! Help!!

needsomesunshine Mon 01-Oct-12 21:07:07

Your lucky its only started now. My ds started this in year 5! Can't you ask his form tutor how he is getting on?

BellaVita Mon 01-Oct-12 21:09:09

Agree with needsomesunshine.

Mutteroo Tue 02-Oct-12 22:16:20

Mine has his moments of being chatty so I guess I should be grateful! If your DS school is anything like mine then you should be getting a large A4 envelope full of dates & funding donation requests any time. We had a meet & greet the tutors a couple of weeks ago & then have a parents evening after half term. It could be that my DS' school is a good communicator? If we do need to speak to DS tutor in the meantime, it's an easy phonecall.

Keep those channels open with DS & don't worry, you're not alone!

Theas18 Wed 03-Oct-12 08:21:28

trouble is hes at 6th form college not school and is over 16.I hope you could call him and get some feedback from his tutor that he's at least attending for instance. However many colleges seem to regard this as confidential information even from parents as a 16+yr old is an " adult " in their eyes.

Good luck

bruffin Wed 03-Oct-12 09:14:40

DS stayed on at his school for 6th form. They set up something called for Go4Schools for the whole school this term. It has information on behaviour, targets, assessment results, attendance etc.
From what i can gather from parents who have had dc that have gone through 6th form colleges, they do still have parents evening and do get in touch if there is a problem.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now