Talk

Advanced search

Does this mean my daughter could get an A at GCSE level.

(5 Posts)
Madmog Mon 01-Oct-12 10:30:01

Just read "stats say just over 50% of students who achieve a level 6 at KS3 go on to achieve a B or better at GCSE".

My daughter is estimated to be on 7.75 at the end of KS3 so does this mean she could well get an A if she continues to work hard? It doesn't matter is she achieves a lower grade, but an A in English would be great.

adeucalione Mon 01-Oct-12 10:59:50

We were told that a Level 7 at KS3 suggests that the pupil should achieve an A at GCSE if they continue to put in the same amount of effort, so your clever DD is on track I think.

Themumsnot Mon 01-Oct-12 11:32:48

Yes, as an English teacher I would definitely expect your DD to get an A at GCSE, given the right attitude and motivation. smile

SkippyYourFriendEverTrue Mon 01-Oct-12 13:55:26

GCSEs are really not that hard for bright children like your daughter. It sounds like she will find it easy.

Madmog Mon 01-Oct-12 14:25:51

Thank you ladies, that's made my day. We know she generally does well but never even considered an A was a possibility, given that her parents aren't that bright lol!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now