Talk

Advanced search

Secondary teachers..a quick question...

(11 Posts)
Doowrah Sat 29-Sep-12 16:58:04

Amazingly, I have got an interview for a Lead Tutor/Assessor job which I applied for so long ago I no longer have the job details for...I have all the relevant qualifications but have never done this job in a secondary school can you tell what it entails and what would I need to brush up on for my interview?

Cheers

TheFallenMadonna Sat 29-Sep-12 17:03:03

What's one of them then?

I realise that is no help at all...

Dominodonkey Sat 29-Sep-12 17:17:21

I have worked in Secondary Teaching for many years and have never heard of this job title. Is it to do with teacher training? Although that shopw is normally called a Senior Mentor..

Dominodonkey Sat 29-Sep-12 17:17:57

that job

Doowrah Sun 30-Sep-12 18:40:49

Jeepers...glad it's not just me then!!! Have an interview for a job and have no idea what I'll be doing...bound to impress! (Snorts into coffee)

TheMonster Sun 30-Sep-12 18:41:54

I have never heard of it either.

noblegiraffe Sun 30-Sep-12 19:55:51

Can you ask them to email you a full job description and what tasks you will be asked to do on the day so that you can prepare properly? Without mentioning that without them you can't prepare at all!

Doowrah Mon 01-Oct-12 13:54:51

I have requested them twice and as yet they are unforthcoming noblegiraffe(love your name)!!!! I am sure they will be sent and all will be revealed...I know what I have to do on the day which is very general I was just hoping to get the heads up on the post for my one to one interview.

Doowrah Mon 01-Oct-12 19:01:10

Aha...they sent me it...yeahhhhh!

noblegiraffe Tue 02-Oct-12 08:00:14

So what is a Lead tutor/Assessor??! grin

Good luck!

Doowrah Tue 02-Oct-12 13:27:16

Working for Somerset's Centre for Integrated learning via Taunton Academy, working with a variety of students, small groups in the area, assessing educational need against a defined curriculum, developing and planning assistive teaching,modelling,tutoring teachers/staff/parents to ensure learner development...make of that what you will noblegiraffe...thanks for the luck, I feel I may need large quantities of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now