Talk

Advanced search

Any secondaries in Scotland with a great school website??

(13 Posts)
chrisdriver Thu 13-Sep-12 14:42:46

I've recently become chair of DD1's school Parent Council. I've no idea how it happened, but now it has, I want/need the rector to do something about the atrocious communication with the parents.

We'd really love to show the rector some examples of good school websites in Scotland. (Only because the whole system is different in England/Wales, and I don't want to muddy the waters). So far I've found some that have some great bits, but none that actually look like they get used other than for a box ticking exercise.

I'd also be interested in knowing how your DCs school communicates with the parents generally. Is is all paper? Do you get texts/e-mail/regular newsletters?

Any suggestions?

TapirBackRider Thu 13-Sep-12 15:01:37

Wish I could help - the high school that my dcs attend has an atrocious page on the council's website; any communication between school/parents is either done by letter/newsletter and phone. However, they are very good at letting you know about everything, so it works for them.

nothruroad Thu 13-Sep-12 18:27:18

This is the best website I've seen! My nephews go to this school.

chrisdriver Fri 14-Sep-12 09:19:59

Wow, Nothru that is a good website. I love the tone more than anything, and it's open and friendly. I wish the DD's school had that sort of feeling. It's a shame it's so far away, because right now, that's what I'd want for her. Your nephews are really lucky if the school is as nice as it seems.

Thanks. smile

JellicleCat Fri 14-Sep-12 17:49:13

DD's school web-site is being revamped, but it was pretty dire before.

We do get good email communications though, fairly regular emails with newsletters and copies of letters (the ones that get "lost" in the school bags).

The only texts I have had are to say why is DD not in school (always a good reason I hasten to add).

I think this is the best website of schools round about.

Preferthedogtothekids Fri 14-Sep-12 18:16:07

This is a reasonably good one I think. I like being able to read the newsletter every evening.

http://qahs.org.uk/

Preferthedogtothekids Fri 14-Sep-12 18:16:56

Oooops, newbie - here's the linky

qahs.org.uk/

amck5700 Fri 14-Sep-12 21:58:45

ours is pretty good I think:

www.dunblanehighschool.org.uk/

chrisdriver Mon 17-Sep-12 10:28:52

These are all good. Since I first posted, we seem to have persuaded the Rector to at least start using e-mail. Slowly slowly I think. Fingers crossed. smile

Thanks.

Donkeysdontridebicycles Mon 17-Sep-12 13:58:25

Try Balfron High School.

2rebecca Wed 19-Sep-12 10:30:02

We have newsletters for communication. One school also uses texts to inform parents if school bus delayed, reminder of photo days. The texts aren't overused though so if I get a text from the school I do read it.
email isn't used much although they do reply to my email queries.

Goldenjubilee10 Thu 20-Sep-12 22:10:44

Millburn academy - sorry, I can't link.

MistressIggi Fri 21-Sep-12 17:52:06

At ds's primary in the capital we were given a form to opt in to receive info via email. Still get some in the school bag, but so far have had email from psa and a text reminder about an event. We can email the depute in charge of their year as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now