Talk

Advanced search

Page 3 | 11+ Music scholarship...

(55 Posts)
SheHulk Thu 08-Dec-11 19:12:12

How hard are they to get? How good do you have to be?... Your experiences?

OP’s posts: |
PushyDad Sun 18-Dec-11 13:05:28

The piano is generally considered an easier instrument by interview panels and so they generally ask for Grade 7 minimum versus Grade 5 for violin.

PetiteGrenouille Sun 18-Dec-11 14:50:18

He should join a good church choir to sing the Requiem. DS has sung it about eight times!

SheHulk Sun 18-Dec-11 19:02:15

PushyDad,
Grade 7 minimum shock...Oh well.

PetieGrenouille,
thanks but we are not church goers. Had another talk about choir, it turns out it's not only the songs, he also doesn't want to miss another lunchtime playtime, as he already misses two a week for other activities including school band. He wants to play with his mates and who can blame him he is only 10 and he SHOULD play before he looses the desire to do so.

OP’s posts: |
ariaaaaan Sun 12-Jan-20 10:55:53

Dear

My name is Arian.Few weeks ago, I received a letter from Royal College of Music that they offered me a place in they're university,but they didn't offer me funding for fee.I'm living out of EU but i have an EU Croatian citizenship.I have to pay scholarship.How can You help me?

Sincerely
Arian Petrovski

coffeebeanchocolate Sun 12-Jan-20 11:00:31

Hi Arian, you are posting in a wrong category. This is for music scholarship for private secondary school starting at age of 11 years old.
It would be better if you call RCM to ask the solution.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in