Talk

Advanced search

Large size boys school shoes - can you get them?

(8 Posts)
Mrshighandmighty Sat 15-Oct-11 10:21:27

Help! My DS is rising 13 and already takes a size 12 mens shoe - but as he is still growing, needs a boys shaped shoe (i.e. narrower than the normal wide fitting man's shoe, sturdy sole, thick laces, unfashionable!). Does anyone know of a UK website that supplies such a thing?

His last pair cost me £95 for a mans shoe for school! Disaster for my purse!

Coconutty Sat 15-Oct-11 10:25:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SecretSquirrels Sat 15-Oct-11 11:16:58

DS went up about 6 shoe sizes during Year 6 and was a size 11 by the age of 13.
Thankfully hasn't gone up any higher and he's now nearly 16.
I just buy very cheap men's shoes from Windsors or Tescos.
If you want them fitted surely Clarkes sell narrow ones for less than £95?

oldmum42 Sat 15-Oct-11 12:51:15

DH and DS1 &3 have HUGE feet, 12/12.5/13 depending on style. We have a TK MAXX nearby, and if you shop there regularly, there are always larger sizes to be had, often quite formal (so make good school shoes), expensive shoes, or really good brand trainers, for a fraction of the "real" price. I've seen shoes in there up to size 15! As always with TKmaxx, you need to buy things when you see them, as they are dealing with end of line/season.....

saffy202 Sat 15-Oct-11 15:26:19

We have bought the same pair from Debenhams for the past 3 years for ds1 but unfortunately it loooks like they have been discontinued, but they do hace others to choose from.

troisgarcons Sat 15-Oct-11 23:03:46

Try kickers. Sturdy, trendy and 65-80 quid depending on style. Oddly sometimes they last 6 weeks, sometimes they last he year out. I cannot fathom why

SecretSquirrels Sun 16-Oct-11 09:54:07

We got DS some Hush puppies yesterday. Plain school style lace ups, they went up to size 12. £35.

gramercy Mon 17-Oct-11 12:21:40

Ds's friend's mum tells me that Clarks will order in big sizes - I think she said up to 14.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now