Talk

Advanced search

three things combined to make one - model needed!!

(31 Posts)
FoJo Fri 23-Sep-11 08:06:48

Can you pull us out of the mire again mumnsetters?? In RE they are doing the 'holy trinity' (father, son & holy ghost - sorry if thats obvious to everyone!)
The children need to make a model of something else where three things combine to make one and we're truly stuck!! THe only thing I can think of is a plait and so make a 'model' of a plaited loaf of bread but thats not really three different things! We are not a particulary arty lot so my joke suggestion of a model of the 'sugarbabes' wasnt particularly helpful! Thanks all

Theas18 Fri 23-Sep-11 08:09:14

What's wrong with the clover leaf? 3 parts, 1 leaf, no part stands alone and you can't remove one from the whole without destroying it.

crazynanna Fri 23-Sep-11 08:14:24

It's a tricky one,isn't it?

Off the top of my head (completely not what it means!)

A cup of tea....tea,milk,sugar.(but not everyone has sugar.or milk)
Airway
Breathing
Circulation
ABC=life (resus)

Sorry..they were rubbish blush

thetasigmamum Fri 23-Sep-11 08:23:25

What about that cake with the pink and yellow squares and the evil marzipan on top? That's 3 things. Pink squares. Yellow squares. Evil marzipan.

HauntedLittleLunatic Fri 23-Sep-11 08:31:49

How many in your family. If she is an only child then there are 3 people that combine to make a family.

FoJo Fri 23-Sep-11 08:32:03

blimey, i really didnt expect any replies!!! Yes the clover leaf is the obvious one, but I think its meant to be three different things that go together to make one thing! I'm liking the cup of tea idea, very good but I think the 'Battenburg' (not sure of the spelling!!) may be the winner!! Now she's ssupposed to make it, wonder if i can buy one and 'mess it about a bit'!!!
Thanks everyone, true stars!!!

FoJo Fri 23-Sep-11 08:33:50

just saw your post haunted. There are four of us, but yes a family of three woudl be a good one, but refer to my original comment about art not being our strong point!! Although I suppose she could just make three people and say they were a family, I;m so stunned at the number of responses and am hoping her teacher isnt a mumsnetter!!

Kez100 Fri 23-Sep-11 08:34:00

The three wise monkeys - come together for the saying 'speak no evil, see no evil hear no evil'

Kez100 Fri 23-Sep-11 08:35:08

Ahhhh Simon Cowell, Mezghan Hussainey and a.n other - come together for a great tabloid headline!

tabulahrasa Fri 23-Sep-11 08:39:07

Mobile phones - mp3 player, camera, phone

x-box - games console, cd player, DVD player

MrsHerculePoirot Fri 23-Sep-11 08:42:01

Shortbread? Flour, butter, sugar only ingredients needed.

lostinwales Fri 23-Sep-11 08:42:19

heat, fuel and oxygen

Wow, I never thought I could ask MN for homework advice, great idea. If I supply geekiness will someone help me with Yr7 drama later?

EdithWeston Fri 23-Sep-11 08:47:18

The Shamrock is a very famous example of 3in1:

Here's Robbie Coltrane getting it right, and Eric Idle getting it wrong.

HauntedLittleLunatic Fri 23-Sep-11 08:56:13

Actually out of those suggested I think shortbread meets the objectives of the op best. 3 things which produce something grisly different when combined...as opposed to just built into something different like the battenberg IYSWIM.

Also shows that the 3 things become much 'better' (in this case tastier) when combined.

HattiFattner Fri 23-Sep-11 09:06:47

pancake - Egg, Flour, Milk.

HattiFattner Fri 23-Sep-11 09:08:12

Firt tree, Tinsel, Star = christmas tree!

HattiFattner Fri 23-Sep-11 09:08:47

paper, pencils, imagination = art

senua Fri 23-Sep-11 09:16:15

I'm not so sure about the shortbread. Once the three ingredients are combined then they lose their individual identity and become, irreversibly, a different thing..

Desperately racking brain for ideas ... What about The Earth (model=globe or atlas. simple!). It is made up of air, land and sea. The separate items could exist alone but, together, they blossom into an ecosystem which brought Life into being.

mistlethrush Fri 23-Sep-11 09:19:57

Sun, water + seed = plant.

senua Fri 23-Sep-11 09:33:00

Traffic lights.

Still trying to sort out the theological parallels of stop / go / proceed with caution ... grin

mummytime Fri 23-Sep-11 10:55:19

Sandwich: BLT?
Flowers in a vase? Water, flower and vase

Wish my DD got such good H/W

crazynanna Fri 23-Sep-11 11:10:24

Cameron + Clegg + Gove = The 3 Stooges grin

FoJo Fri 23-Sep-11 13:56:04

Blimey, some brilliant ideas! I'm sticking with the battenberg as I've been and bought yellow food colouring (we already had pink) and marzipan! I also like the fact that you can still see the three seperate ingredients. Love the Simon Cowell one Kez and also the modern take from tabulah. The 'fire triangle' is good as well lostinwales and a nice cardboard triangle, painted as per that link would be a simple one. I also still like the tea idea and was dog walking this morning envisaging a little model consisting of a tea bag, a jug of milk and some water. We have a school trip to pay for, I wonder if we could sell this thread to her friends who are also all stumped!! So now I've sorted her homework I wonder if she'll do the ironing for me! hmm

FoJo Fri 23-Sep-11 13:56:20

forgot to say a HUGE thank you to you all

crazynanna Fri 23-Sep-11 13:57:56

Yes FoJo,use the tea one wink<<big head>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now