Talk

Advanced search

Kemnal Technology College - Bromley

(7 Posts)
Smadarama Fri 16-Sep-11 10:29:09

Hi - DS in year 6 so we're in the process of choosing secondary schools. Just found out that we are in the catchment of Kemnal but don't know anyone with DC there. It looks quite good on paper - does anyone have any experience of it they could share? Thanks.

Smadarama Fri 16-Sep-11 19:14:05

Bumping to catch evening people

MarinaResurgens Sat 17-Sep-11 23:47:15

Neighbours have sent their dsses there and I think they got on OK, but tbh it has a patchy local reputation and I think you really need to speak to someone with children there right now. The only person I know well with experience is a friend whose grandson lasted a week in Y7. He seems to have settled better in nearby Coopers Technology College - have you considered that? We are just the Greenwich side of Bromley and a lot of secondary transfer children go there from out neighbourhood. It is clearly popular.

Smadarama Sun 18-Sep-11 06:57:50

Thanks Marina that's helpful. I will look into Coopers - we're in Greenwich too but a bit further over the border.

Smadarama Sun 18-Sep-11 07:01:27

.. Sorry - just realised that you said you're the Greenwich side of Bromley not actually Greenwich blush - will check Coopers out anyway .. Thanks

MarinaResurgens Fri 23-Sep-11 12:03:01

Smadarama, might also be worth looking at the new Crown Woods College...?

Smadarama Fri 23-Sep-11 21:32:51

Thanks Marina - Funnily enough we went to look at Crown Woods today. Feel quite positive about it. The new building is impressive. A lot of children from DS' primary go there so it would have the advantage of him being with friends. Decisions, decisions ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now