Talk

Advanced search

How long do they normally get to choose their options ??

(7 Posts)
TheOriginalNutcracker Mon 12-Sep-11 22:12:53

Dd's school have said they will get given their booklet in November, but havent said how long they have to choose.

Dd wants to pick dance as one of hers, but it is highly likely that she will be having spinal surgery in the future but we don't yet know when. After surgery she would not be able to dance for a year.

We arent seeing the consultant now until Dec, so I can't ask him when surgery is likely to be.

If dd gets her booklet in Nov, will she have had to choose her options before Dec ??

webwiz Mon 12-Sep-11 22:20:09

It depends on the school but December sounds early - DS had to have his final choices in just after the february half term.

TheOriginalNutcracker Mon 12-Sep-11 22:26:23

Ahh thats what I was hoping.

At leats we will have chance to discuss it with her consulant then.

cat64 Mon 12-Sep-11 23:40:26

Message withdrawn

Kez100 Tue 13-Sep-11 02:57:48

We had something similar to cat64 with my daughter, but they were asked last year about how they thought the process went, and said they felt they didn't get enough time. This year they are being circulated at Christmas to give them longer to choose. So, hopefully, you getting them earlier will mean a longer decision process for you.

Sorry to hear your daughter has to have an op. Hope all goes well.

eatyourveg Tue 13-Sep-11 06:53:22

ds3 was told yesterday that he'd get his options book in Nov. I think going on what happened with ds1 they have it in by xmas and then its finalized by Feb.

Your dd might be able to do all the theory bits and delay any practical until Y11 or before the op? - perhaps you also need to talk to the hospital to get an idea of waiting times they won't be able to give you an exact date but you might be able to narrow down the window a bit ie 6 months 9 months etc

Our school always gives you a reserve choice and I think if you talk to the school they might be able to work something out

TheOriginalNutcracker Tue 13-Sep-11 10:04:47

Thank's all smile

Dd knows that she may have to discount it altogether and isn't happy about it but knows it can't realy be helped. However if we can find a way for her to do it then i will. I will certainly be speaking to the school about it.

She does dance twice a week outside of school and she is planning to stay on there as a helper all the while she is unable to dance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now