We had something similar to cat64 with my daughter, but they were asked last year about how they thought the process went, and said they felt they didn't get enough time. This year they are being circulated at Christmas to give them longer to choose. So, hopefully, you getting them earlier will mean a longer decision process for you.
Sorry to hear your daughter has to have an op. Hope all goes well.
ds3 was told yesterday that he'd get his options book in Nov. I think going on what happened with ds1 they have it in by xmas and then its finalized by Feb.
Your dd might be able to do all the theory bits and delay any practical until Y11 or before the op? - perhaps you also need to talk to the hospital to get an idea of waiting times they won't be able to give you an exact date but you might be able to narrow down the window a bit ie 6 months 9 months etc
Our school always gives you a reserve choice and I think if you talk to the school they might be able to work something out
Dd knows that she may have to discount it altogether and isn't happy about it but knows it can't realy be helped. However if we can find a way for her to do it then i will. I will certainly be speaking to the school about it.
She does dance twice a week outside of school and she is planning to stay on there as a helper all the while she is unable to dance.