Talk

Advanced search

A certain brand of 6 button black trousers

(10 Posts)
saladfingers Thu 08-Sep-11 19:35:21

I can't even bring myself to type the name.
school trousers?
Does your DD own a pair?
Our local secondary school seems to allow this style and brand of trousers as I have actually seen with my own eyes that 'everyone's wearing them mum!'Well maybe not everyone but lots of girls. I hate the name and find the style inappropriate for DD Y8.
If not these then where do you buy your DD's school trousers?
This is really following on from a comment on another thread about helping your child to feel accepted and part of the crowd at a difficult time in their lives.
Am i just being mean?Will be interested to hear what you think.

Talker2010 Thu 08-Sep-11 19:45:37

Not allowed in my school !!!!!!!

kritur Thu 08-Sep-11 20:17:56

Urgh! How awful! We went to grey trousers after the girls turned up with all sorts of disgustingly tight and revealing trousers (the worst being the hipster types with the zip up the back!)

Wrong, just wrong!

saladfingers Fri 09-Sep-11 12:14:49

I agree but what can I do if school allow them?

saladfingers Fri 09-Sep-11 12:16:10

How do they get away with the name too for school trousers????

rubyrubyruby Fri 09-Sep-11 12:19:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

saladfingers Fri 09-Sep-11 14:24:07

I'm really happy with my DD's school and I thought they had quite strict policies on uniform so I find it hard to believe that girls are getting away with these trousers. I know the label is usually covered by jumpers but they are too tight and revealing. I wish the school would inforce stricter rules on clothing.

penguin73 Fri 09-Sep-11 19:00:10

You are allowed to enforce stricter rules yourself you know! If you don't want her to wear them then tell her so and don't buy them. Maybe this can be a good lesson in coping with peer pressure for her.

nobiggy Fri 09-Sep-11 19:20:55

?
What are they called?

nobiggy Fri 09-Sep-11 19:21:57

All right, just seen. How naff!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now