Talk

Advanced search

DD starting Spanish! What to do to support her?

(4 Posts)
PonceyMcPonce Thu 08-Sep-11 18:36:57

we are delighted - she is dyslexic so Spanish is considered a much better language for her to learn than French.

However, I know virtually nada.

Have ordered a dictionary, but what else can we do to support her in a fun way? I think making a good start would really help her confidence, so we are keen to be supportive (not pushy)

Do we label the entire house with post its in Spanish?

Elk Thu 08-Sep-11 18:40:08

Hi,
I started learning spanish this year. I have been using the bbc website - they have a course called Mi Vida loca which is great fun. The pimsleur audio cd's are really good and your local library should have them.

PonceyMcPonce Thu 08-Sep-11 18:41:25

fantastic, thanks

RF123 Fri 09-Sep-11 13:34:14

dd started spanish last sept and I was in exactly the same position as you...knew nothing but wanted to help. bbc website is really good, google around and you will find quite some stuff. I read that it's best if she gets the alphabet and numbers first. we liked this for basics: http://www.123teachme.com/learn_spanish/spanish_for_children

As she moved ahead from basics, I wanted her to read simple stuff in spanish, so I came up with this idea - we are all tennis fans at home, and I found rafael nadal posts quite regularly on facebook in both spanish and english. Just a line or two, so it's not overwhelming for her since the translation is right there too! I try to make her read a few of his messages everyday smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now