Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Asking for time off....ALREADY?? She doesn't go back until tomorrow

(9 Posts)
KatyMac Wed 07-Sep-11 14:04:20

I have written a letter:

"Sorry to start so early in the year (DD isn’t even back until tomorrow) but please find attached a Leave/absence form for DD. She has been asked to attend an audition with Centre for Advanced Training on Friday evening and we need a bit of extra time to get there. I wasn’t sure if this form was appropriate because it’s not really a holiday, but I filled it in ‘in case’.

I hope you understand what a wonderful opportunity this is for DD; we are all very nervous about it."

Does that sound OK?
The school say no time off for yr9s so I'm very nervous

BTW it's for an HOUR; intimidated? Me? blush

pozzled Wed 07-Sep-11 14:06:54

Sounds ok, but will the school know what the Centre for Advanced Training is? I have no idea, so if it's not something that they're already aware of, I'd add a sentence to explain.

KatyMac Wed 07-Sep-11 14:11:57

I linked it in the email (as I didn't think they would know)

mummytime Wed 07-Sep-11 14:18:59

I would think this would count as an educational opportunity to be honest.
So it should be no problem as lon as she doesn't have an exam that day.

KatyMac Wed 07-Sep-11 14:23:27

Oh I hope it counts as education, I really do

We have had fun with school these last 2 years, what with chronic illness and SN

KatyMac Wed 07-Sep-11 15:46:08

Oh well I sent it

No I wait for a reply

Theas18 Thu 08-Sep-11 11:23:06

It's fine!

DS went back on the 1st day with an "X won't be in tomorrow morning as he has a hospital appointment" letter LOL.

Needless to say it didn't get through the system and I had a "why isn't he in" call at just after 11- at which point he was on the train back anyway.

I must say I don't generally " ask permission" as such for educational stuff out of school (the kids do a lot of music so have exams and concerts/rehearsals) I just send a really polite "X will unfortunately need to leave school at 2pm today as they have a music exam" or "X has been chosen to sing in a concert on the radio at lunchtime today with rehearsals before hand........it has been explained to us by the schools music service that schools can count this as educated off site for attendance purposes" etc

Educated off site is a good code for them to use for absence as it doesn't count negatively on anyones stats.

KatyMac Thu 08-Sep-11 19:04:55

No reply yet

If I don't get one I just take her anyway I assume?

KatyMac Fri 09-Sep-11 23:17:07

I rang, they said 'Yes she can go - it's after registration so it doesn't matter' hmm

She passed the audition & is officially 'Gifted & Talented'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now